Elizabeth Tucker (Stoughton) - Conflicting information.

Started by Private User on yesterday
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 6 posts
Private User
yesterday at 5:45 PM

Her birthdate occurred 18 years after the death of her 'mother'.

All sources available (to me) state that her mother died in 1557. Her father also died in 1557.

So I don't understand why she is attached to these parents.

yesterday at 7:53 PM

Profile dates are unreliable in this era, and it’s not a sourced profile, so let’s find the genealogy.

yesterday at 8:03 PM

From the profile George Tucker, of Milton-next-Gravesend

George Tucker, Esquire, of Milton-next-Gravesend George Tucker, eldest son, resided in or near Milton-next-Gravesend in County Kent.

His father, George, was mentioned in 1572 in a list of the 12 principal inhabitants of Milton-next-Gravesend, and he was third in importance in his city. This George was born about 1580 and married Mary Darrell, daughter of John Darrell of Calehill Esquire.

(He had married as his first wife Elizabeth, daughter of Francis Stoughton, and had one son, George, his heir.)

George Tucker, III

(The note up top seem to refer to a different George Tucker - I will move them)

Down below:

George Tucker, the son by the first wife, being his father's heir to the estate in Tavistock in Devon, returned to England after the troubles there had been settled. (Kin of Mellcene Thurman Smith, page 1020)

Note: 1 NOTE in his will left the Manor of Milton, an inn in Milton called the Crown,an inn in Gravesend called the White Heart, Adventrues upon the Seas,land in Milton, Gravesend, Denton, Bexley, Crayford, Dartford, Southwar(inlcuding site of marshalsea Prison, and Bermuda.
George, John and Robert left England in 1636 and went to Bermuda where a relative of theirs, Capt. Daniel Tucker. Father's heir to the estate in Tavistock in Devon, returned to England after the troubles there had been settled.

1st wife: Mary Tucker (no notes) 2nd wife: Elizabeth Tucker

yesterday at 8:05 PM

I think Mary Darrett = Mary Tucker and I will move her)

Today at 4:18 AM

Private User - this is fixed.

Elizabeth Tucker was the daughter of a different Francis Stoughton, of Crayford

Private User
Today at 5:19 AM

Thank you, Erica Howton !

I suspected as much, having realized how many Stoughtons there were all over England at the time.

Showing all 6 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion