Nicholson Line Pre-1400?

Начал Paul Hosse сегодня
Сегодня в 6:22 после полудня

I have been able to trace my Nicholson line to William Nicholson, born about 1400 in Kingston upon Hull, East Riding district, Yorkshire, England. He was married to Margaret Trollope, who born about the same time. Has anyone had an success with reaching back further on their Nicholson line? My line appears to have a long history around Yorkshire and later in Cumbria around Whitehaven.

They also seem to have been gentry, but that's based mainly on circumstantial information. However, I have come across some limited information which indicates they were well known for their "unitarian beliefs" and for being "nonconformist". Many of mine became Quakers early on and remained Quakers for generations. Ministers are quite common in my Nicholson line.

In addition, I want to mention that this line of Nicholsons do not appear to have any relationship with the McNicol/Nicholson Clan of Scotland. That line is believed to be of Norse origin, which genetic research seems to generally confirm. Their most dominate paternal haplogroup is R1a and R1b, which could fit in with a northern European origin, and thus a Norse origin as thought. A small number of E-V13 are known to have migrated into southern Scotland and Northern Ireland.

My Nicholson line of Yorkshire and Cumbria/Cumberland belong to the E-V13 haplogroup, whose origin are the Balkans. Its appearance outside of the Balkans is considered rare and seen only in small percentages. In the UK, only about 2-4% of the total population belongs to the E-V13 haplogroup. The highest concentrations of E-V13 are around London, Yorkshire, and Wales (especially Northern Wales), areas known for the connections to the Romans.

There is evidence to suggest that the E-V13 connection between the Balkans and the UK may be due to Roman auxiliary troops with the Roman Army, who were stationed in England following 150 AD. When the legions withdrew, many of the retired legionaries and auxiliaries remained behind, serving as sort of a "home guard" to defend against the invading Picts and Saxons.

Does anyone else know the paternal haplogroup of their Nicholson line? I find it interesting that my Nicholson line belongs to the E-V13 haplogroup and seems to have stayed in the "Hen Ogledd" or "Old North", which has such a rich history of Roman occupation. Thanks! Paul Hosse

Зарегистрируйтесь или войдите в систему чтобы участвовать в этом обсуждении