Tabitha WILLIAMS (Tonken) - Incorrect parentage for children or Death Date is incorrect

Started by Craig Andrew Miles on yesterday
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

yesterday at 10:57 PM

Re: Tabitha WILLIAMS (Tonken) Tabitha Williams

Tabitha's son John, his brother Richard and Loveday and Honour all seem to have been born after Tabitha, their mums death.

Interestingly, the mother in question has about 80 Smart Matches, the majority of which from what I can see share the same inconsistencies.

There are 2 primary possibilities:

1) Tabitha did die on 28/10/1733 as listed, probably due to complications with the birth of her daughter (also called Tabitha) on 13/10 - not clear if the second child listed as born in 1733 is a twin or a dupe?
In this case the other children are clearly not her children and if the father is correct John, Richard, Loveday and Honour must have been born to his second wife

2) The date of birth for Tabitha is incorrect and wasnt until after the last child was born in 1749. I cant see a source for the death so this is possible but I havent done the research.

My instinct is to disconnect John, Richard, Loveday and Honour from Tabitha as their mother and instead connect them to a different unknown mother, presumably as partner or wife of Richard Williams although at first hand I cant see any evidence for this.

Do any of the managers have further information?

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion