Elizabeth Allen (Tucker) - Parents?

Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 10 posts
Today at 9:26 AM

Wikitree has Edy Hentige.
Public trees at Ancestry call her Elizabeth Allen the daughter of John Tucker, Sr. and Rosanna Newton
John Thomas Tucker and Rose Tucker (Allerton)

Elizabeth Allen (Tucker) Elizabeth Allen has NO children attached presently.
Revisiting today as I try to update my Ancestry tree with what Geni has.

TIA

Today at 9:42 AM

I question the parentage of Elizabeth Allen attached, profile notes for her and husband Dr. James Allen, of Jamestown say she was a daughter of Daniel Tucker.

Two given names for a Jamestown colony man suggested “John Thomas Tucker” is conflated at best, and “Rose Allerton Tucker” rings a bell with me and not in a good way.

So for a start, detaching Elizabeth from unsourced parents.

Today at 9:46 AM

See Rose Allerton

notes

From http://genforum.genealogy.com/tucker/messages/5490.html

"Brian: Unfortunately, the information posted on the Allerton forum about John Tucker and Rose Allerton is incorrect.

John Tucker and Isaac Allerton Jr. (1628-1702) were contemporaries and John Tucker died (1671) before any of Isaac Allerton's children had married.

John Tucker's (c1630-1671) wife was Rose [Sturman] (aft1635-1712) who later married Dr. Thomas Gerrard and John Newton Sr.

John Newton Jr., who became Rose's step-son in 1676, married an Allerton and this appears to be the source of the Tucker/Allerton error which has been widely disseminated".

Today at 9:52 AM

Merged “Rose Allerton Tucker” and “John Thomas Tucker” into their real master profiles:

Rosanna Newton & John Tucker, Sr.

They did not have a daughter Elizabeth.

Today at 10:01 AM

Oh wow, Erica Howton!
Thank you!

Today at 10:04 AM

Checking----

This Elizabeth: Elizabeth Berryman
attached to Rosanna Newton

Today at 10:06 AM

Merged duplicate Dr. James Allen, of Jamestown & Elizabeth Allen which made the tree “live” and brought in son Daniel Allen who married Rebecca Allen

Today at 10:06 AM

Can you tag Daniel Tucker
"It is thought that Miss Tucker was the daughter of Daniel Tucker, who was a charter member of the Virginia Company. 1st. Immigrant in Jamestown in 1608." from the Note on Elizabeth Allen

Today at 10:09 AM

Thank you for the merge of mother of my Daniel Allen Daniel Allen

I know a LOT of work has gone into these profiles and straightening of the genealogy that's out there.

Showing all 10 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion