John Melton, Esq., of Cawton & Felton - Primary references

Started by Matthew Larcinese on today
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Hi there. Exciting information. I appreciate the posts.

Are there any primary sources for this family that demonstrate the actual lineage? I am trying to understand if there are actual archival documents that will show the relationship of these Milton/Melton lines back to Yorkshire. So far I see a loop of unsourced electronic media however nothing solid.

I pulled all the documents I could find when I went to the VA Library but still not finding anything iron clad.

The Meltons and the Miltons had hundreds of individual branches over the last 1000 years. So far, per advanced Y-DNA testing through the company FTDNA, we can demonstrate at least 29 genetically different Melton lines here in the USA, and they are completely different than the Milton's where there are currently about 16. Which means they did not stem from the same common male ancestor, T

So from these 45 of so unrelated lines with the same surnames. The Meltons do not match any person currently testing with the name Milton. Not at all.

I have seen a lot of people matching Richard MIlton's with the later William Melton etc.. and it is a nice chronological research however no documents seem to surface to show this link with any certainty. And having the same last name doesn't cut it.

I am not looking for free documents, however, if anyone can point me in the right direction of where to find the original documents other than the Yorkshire archives, etc... please drop me a line I would like to make the connection.

Thanks again!

Matthew

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion