About project naming: If it's personal, include your name in the title

Начал Harald Tveit Alvestrand сегодня
Показаны все сообщения (5)

If creating a project for the ancestors of a specific person, it is convenient to name it as "Ancestors of <person>" and then follow it with qualifiers like ".... that belong to Norwegian nobility" (since a pure "my ancestors" is pointless and a project that covers *all* Norwegian nobility, no matter whose ancstors they are, will be large enough that it needs to be a widely collaborative effort).

I am in the process of changing my name. The best proof of that is I only published the initials of my parents. But it is as far as I will divulge for it is personal matter.

Please read a) the goal of my project and b) the discussion associated with it for more details.

After reading, if you would rather leave the group I am not forcing you to stay.

I read the project description. I do not participate.

As a curator, part of what I'm trying to do is to ensure that people think about what they are doing when viewed by other people. Your description indicates that you want a project for your ancestors; your project title indicates something else.

Both should indicate the same thing.

I basically am helping people because I was helped by other projects so I'm returning the favor. Time will tell.

Because time is in my favor. Please let me work for a while and see for yourself. The same way I discovered Spanish ancestors I was not even suspecting, the same way people will find ancestors they did not suspect if of course they will seriously consider my work.

Показаны все сообщения (5)

Зарегистрируйтесь или войдите в систему чтобы участвовать в этом обсуждении