Correction needed

Started by Erica Howton on today
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 2 posts

Managers of Sarah Hartley Carruthers,

I am contacting you about this profile: https﹕//www․geni․com/people/Sarah-Carruthers/6000000001399241274

Sincerely,

Thomas E․ Carothers
Concerning Robert Carruthers & Sarah Sproule , In your tree you you are off by one generation․ and John Carothers & R/M Orr are not correct․ Robert & Sarah Sproule Carruthers
Ch:1: John m: Mary Orr : they are the parents of John Carothers & Mary Armstrong
2: Robert 1690-1771 m: Margaret McClung (this my line , their son John 1725-1783 m: Sarah Neely ․ Margaret d: 1733 she rests in Silver Springs Church Yard․ Cumberland Co․, Pa․
3: Henrietta she died 1731 in Ireland
4: Sarah m: William McClung , she died 1731, he married her sister Margaret 2nd․
5:Margaret m: Wm McClung widower of her sister , d: 1747 Lancaster Pa․
Bill took the children to Augusta Va,
6: Agnes : m: James Beatte
7: Frances m: Hugh McClung settled in Augusta Va․ not far from Bill․
8: daughters Rebecca, Jane & Elizabeth we know little․
12: William m: Jean Hutchenson

Robert & Margaret McClung Carruthers ,sons Hugh and William settled in Augusta VA․
1: Hugh m: Sarah Purviance , they remove to Mecklenburg Co,NC․
2:James m: Elizabeth Patton Lancaster Pa․
3: Robert m: Margaret Gillespie setted in Rowan NC․
4:Margaret
5: Elizabeth
6: William m: Margaret McCorskey settled in Augusta Va․
7: Elizabeth
8: Eleanor m: Robert Wilson settled in Rowan Co, NC
9: John m: Sarah Neely Lancaster Pa,

I have all dates and and data if you are interested , but you do need to correct the Carruthers line․ In McClung Early history William is 1st wife is unknown but known to have died in Ireland abt․ 1731․
Hugh MClung & Frances Carruthers you find record of their offspring all around Augusta V․ ․
Cheers Tom Carothers descendant of Robert 1690 -1771 & Margaret McClung 1696 - 1733, thru, son John & Sarah Neely․․

Showing all 2 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion