• Private User
    Geni member
  • Private User
    Geni member

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 5 posts
Private User
12/30/2009 at 3:32 PM

Elaine, I'd love to know more about Angeles, Dale and Claire; did uncle Kent marry Angeles before Aunt Polly? Or after?

Private User
12/31/2009 at 8:24 AM

Angeles was Dad's first wife. She moved to California and divorced him before he met Mom ( Polly).

Private User
12/31/2009 at 9:30 AM

Thanks for filling me in, Elaine! So, do you have any idea how and where they met? Did she move to California to be a singer?

Private User
1/4/2010 at 3:10 PM

She went to California to visit her parents and took the boys and never returned to AZ. She did sing in nightclubs, I believe, after she moved to California. I think she and Dad met in high school at Chandler High. He stayed out a year to help set up the ranch after his family moved from Indiana for Harold's asthma "cure" and graduated from Chandler high school at the age of 20 in 1929.

Private User
1/4/2010 at 3:20 PM

Claire lives in Bandon, OR - Dale has a daughter living in Portland and visits from time to time. One of his son's is a chef. We did not really get in touch until after Angeles and Kent died, so we missed any growing up stories. We have since visited each of them and Dale and Barbara came to Michael's wedding in Cleveland, OH. It's sad that we have grown up strangers.
I put together heritage albums for each of my sons with the info I could gather from both sides of the family. I used that to enter the infor in the tree over the holidays. I need to unearth my copies of the information nd dd pictures as well. They don't seem to be in the computer already. I must have taken them to a photo shop to be copied before.
I do have a different ancestor - David Goodykoontz - and slightly different dates for our first immigrant to America from Germany in the 1700's. I didn't change it as I didn't know for certain which was correct.

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion