• Частный профиль
    Geni member
  • Частный профиль
    Geni member

Упомянутые профили:

Показаны все сообщения (17)
Частный профиль
11.1.2010 в 7:28 до полудня

I can recall that my mother (Margaret Fritts) told me that when Grammy Mary Fritts) moved her children to NY from CA she drove across country. Their car broke down in Marshall, Texas. They spent 3 days there while the car was being repaired. What a coincidence! Does anyone remember this?

Частный профиль
11.1.2010 в 9:01 до полудня

There were 4 kids in the car, which was a 1927 LaSalle. This was long before Interstate highways; mostly 2 lane roads. I am amazed at my mother.

Частный профиль
11.1.2010 в 9:03 до полудня

Did your Mom mention eating "Doctor Pepper and a porky pig" (barbeque) while on the road in the south?

Частный профиль
11.1.2010 в 11:32 до полудня

Not that I can recall. Do you remember this trip? Which child was missing?

Частный профиль
11.1.2010 в 1:41 после полудня

Me! This was in 1935 or 36, 5 years before I was born.

11.1.2010 в 5:30 после полудня

Dear Peggy,
I vaguely remember Aunt Mary and the kids arriving in Corona NY,but do not remember hearing anything about the trip.Perhaps maybe Robert or John could shed some light?

Частный профиль
11.1.2010 в 5:30 после полудня

Oh! I thought you were born in NY but knowing the car and what was eaten led me to think you were there. I guess all the military travels happened before you were born.

Частный профиль
11.1.2010 в 5:39 после полудня

I would also like to know more about that trip. I don't recall ever going to Corona, NY, but I was born in 1948. Do you remember being visited by my parents, Margaret and Bill Nordland?

11.1.2010 в 5:55 после полудня

I never met your father and I left Corona in 1946 when I got married.

Частный профиль
11.1.2010 в 8:46 после полудня

I remember visiting my grandparents in an apartment building in Flushing probably ~ 1946. They came to live with us in 1947. My family moved to Long Island in 1939.

Частный профиль
13.1.2010 в 6:23 до полудня

Is that when you moved to the house in Valley Stream?

Частный профиль
13.1.2010 в 8:25 до полудня

We first lived at 34 Orleans Road in the Gibson section; we moved to Woodlawn Avenue in 1943. Both were rentals. The photo of me and Robert Marshall was taken on Orleans Road.

Частный профиль
13.1.2010 в 12:39 после полудня

I uploaded a current photo of the Orleans Rd. house on Geni. I couldn't find a recent photo of the Woodlawn house. You can try finding it by typing the address at: www.zillow.com and see if you can find it. This won't do a hyperlink so you'll have to copy and paste the zilliw website in your web browser.

Частный профиль
13.1.2010 в 3:41 после полудня

Just posted a picture of the "wishbone "house. I stopped by there in October. I'd love to see what it looks like inside now - no coal furnace or bin in the cellar

14.1.2010 в 8:34 до полудня

Fred:Grandpa had been a volunteer fireman and was active in the Firemen's Association State of New York.I just added 3 articles of the 67th annual convention in which he was Chairman.Your sister Margaret and I were invited by Grandpa to see the tournament which was held on August17 1939.We went and it was fun!

Частный профиль
14.1.2010 в 9:21 до полудня

Hi Joe - So nice to hear from you! I knew Grandpa was active in the Fireman's association. I wish I had been able to carry on a conversation with him; they lived with my mom and me briefly in 1947-8. When they moved to Mass. in '48, the doctors told the family that she was anemic or malnourished; the family decided that my Mom starved her and cut off all communication. My recollection is that she lived on protein bread and tea and wouldn't eat anything else.
I found a 1920 census report that had Great-grandpa Little living with them in Corona. Other than that, Joe Marshall stayed well below the radar!

14.1.2010 в 5:52 после полудня

I visited the house on Orleans Road one day in 1940 and stayed overnight.Ruthie and I went to the movies and saw "Northwest Passage" with Spencer Tracy.It was at the time a gory film,which is why I remember it.It was also the first time that I went with a girl,even though she was just a cousin.Oh youth where have you gone?

Показаны все сообщения (17)

Зарегистрируйтесь или войдите в систему чтобы участвовать в этом обсуждении