John Washington Sizemore and Margaret Sizemore

Started by Sherry Sizemore on Sunday, September 26, 2010
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 6 posts
9/26/2010 at 6:05 PM

I am looking for birth and death dates of Jonh and Margaret;s children. I know Floyd Sizemore is one of them as he is my great grandfather. Any help I can get will be appreciated. Thank you

Sherry Sizemore

9/26/2010 at 8:19 PM

Sherry,

Great to "geni-meet" you. I've been cleaning up around the Cherokee tree and that, of course, includes the Sizemores.

Another curator just added some Sizemore profiles that take us back in time. I'm not sure where you want to look as your start point, but maybe here?

John Floyd Sizemore

9/26/2010 at 8:30 PM

Sherry,

Apologies -- I found John Washington W. Sizemore

Birth date of c. 1847, death date not known (we need to look harder). We don't seem to have his children in geni as yet. If you want I'll see if I can find a census report through Ancestry.com.

Private User
9/26/2010 at 9:40 PM

Sherry,
I am the other Curator that Erica mentioned. I am actively researching the Sizemore clan. Feel free to wander around the profiles I have added. I have put all the notes I can into the "About Me" tab of my profiles.

My Sizemore ancestors came from two branches, the White Top Cherokee band and the branch that eventually settled in Kentucky.

Happy ancestor hunting!

10/1/2010 at 7:50 PM

Erica,

I have a list of John and Margaret's children given to me by someone who did somewhat of a tree a while back. They are: franklin Sizemoer b.1875, Jim, Acree (not sure of that spelling) Alice, and Bell. Any verification and dates you can find for me would be greatly appreciated. i swear there are Sizemores everywhere!!!

Private User
10/10/2010 at 11:21 AM

Sherry,
I am feeling cranky today so it is a good day to work on one of my tree projects instead of working with people. I'm going to work on merging in more of my Sizemore lines. I have company coming later today, but I'll spend what time I have there.

Are you aware of the Cherokee Project on Geni? I will be adding some of my Sizemores to that project. [Go to top menu, click "MORE", scroll down to projects and feel free to wander around looking at works in progress.]

Showing all 6 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion