The Beatles project

Started by Laura Elizabeth McLean on Monday, October 25, 2010
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 14 posts
10/25/2010 at 5:17 PM

I got a bit bored with my own lineage and, along with my lovely new collaborators Private User and Private User, I've decided to start a project to look into the ancestry of the Beatles, their wives, and their closest associates and ex-Beatle bandmates. The project page is here: http://www.geni.com/projects/The+Beatles
It's quite skin-and-bones at the moment because for some reason I don't see the option to add profiles to the project yet, but I suspect that's because I don't have management of them yet. Anyhow, please let me know if you're interested in joining the fray! This is my first project, so collaborative input is very welcome. :)

Private User
10/25/2010 at 6:34 PM

That's a cool idea for a project. Count me in.

10/25/2010 at 6:48 PM

Great! The current priority is adding profiles Geni is missing. I've already made profiles for Stu Sutcliffe and Brian Epstein. I'd also like to add George Martin, Pete Best, and possibly Neil Aspinall and Mal Evans too.

10/25/2010 at 7:03 PM

If you started the project, look under more , then projects. You need a Curators help go to the curators profile, more projects, and add them into the project.

10/25/2010 at 7:04 PM

PS that's more project under the name of the person you want (the beattle ect) to be part of the project

Private User
10/25/2010 at 7:09 PM

Maybe Daniel Walton can take care of that for us since he's a curator?

Private User
10/25/2010 at 7:20 PM

If you can post the links for the family members I can add them to the project. This can be time consuming though. Geni is supposed to be working on a "bulk add" feature for projects that will make adding the profiles much faster.

Private User
10/26/2010 at 1:45 AM

i loved the beatles and lived in liverpool from 1993-1996, so i m in too hehe

10/26/2010 at 5:42 AM

Laura,

What a fun idea!

It will tie in with my "Dakota Building" project as well. Feel free to add me as a collaborating Curator.

So where are John and Yoko? The ones I found before are not good copies.

10/26/2010 at 9:32 AM

I did quite a bit of searching and these are the best-researched profiles I've found (shockingly)--and there really aren't any duplicates connected to the big tree. Erica or Daniel, if you could make them master profiles, that would be a good start, I imagine?

John Lennon
Paul McCartney
George Harrison
Ringo Starr

Since he's my favorite fifth Beatle, I'm planning on working on Sir George Martin's profile next.

10/26/2010 at 9:46 AM

What do we think about adding Jane Asher to the project? She wasn't a wife but certainly looms large in early Beatles history. At the same time, I don't know if we should extend the project to EVERYONE the Beatles ever associated with.

Private User
10/26/2010 at 9:19 PM

I added the wives but Cynthia Lennon (Powell) and John Lennon aren't on the big tree yet though so I can't add them to the project.

All the rest I added and made MPs.

Private User
6/3/2011 at 8:10 AM

I'm very surprised that John's Stanley genealogy has not been thoroughly researched. Several biographies claim that John descended from Sir Thomas Stanley (1435 - 1504). Looking at Sir Thomas's genealogy gives no clue which one of his sons is the next in John's pedigree. Working up Julia Stanley's pedigree only goes back a few generations. I recently "tweeted" Yoko to see if either she or John have ever published their family trees. Maybe if more people express an interest to her, she may have information that would be useful to this project.

Showing all 14 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion