Started by Ned Reynolds on Monday, November 22, 2010
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 12 posts
11/24/2010 at 12:54 AM

Done.

12/23/2010 at 8:36 PM

I think they dont automatically match up with existing family because of the capitalization of last names

12/24/2010 at 3:40 AM

I'm going to try editing to normal case and see if that makes it easier for "tree matching." Stay tuned ...

12/25/2010 at 3:25 PM

OK, I think everyone's merged up and in the project.

12/26/2010 at 3:32 PM

Well, actually, Mr. B provides a few more:

Henry Reynolds, of East Bergholt and Belstead

Robert Reynolds, Ill

Francis Reynolds

Unknown Profile

Anna Reynolds
(hopefully without that graphic - "Died Young")

Nathaniel Reynolds

Nathaniel Reynolds

Dorothy Tilgham

12/26/2010 at 4:35 PM

If only he could learn to use both first and last name fields ... all added to project, and the "died young" graphic removed. Too many Nathaniels and Henry's but didn't want to merge without verifying dates.

9/9/2013 at 5:16 PM

Hi Erica,

After not visiting the Reynolds line for some time, I now find that there is a confusing new branch starting with the first "American" Reynolds, Robert. The new line connects to a seeming duplicate, "Robert Reynolds of Boston", but whose father is shown as Nathaniel Reynolds of Kent, rather than George, Christopher, etc. as we had carefully laid out several years ago. How to sort this out?

Ned

9/9/2013 at 9:01 PM

What happened is that Robert & Mary Reynolds of Boston got themselves confused with Thomas & Mary Reynolds of Virginia. To make it worse the FindaGrave reference for the Kings Chapel Cemetery points to bad parent data for the "cordwainer" line.

I fixed it by making a new Thomas Reynolds, of Isle of Wight and "detaching" the extra Mary from Robert.

Welcome back! I have a question about a possible RI to NC Reynolds / Jenkins pair you might be able to help with.

9/10/2013 at 5:25 PM

Great that you could figure it out. Wondering about the photograph of Robert's burial in Boston...in 1658. Or was he reburied several hundred years later?

If you need it, there is a source document for Thomas that is still attached to Robert.

Tell me about the RI to NC connection.

9/10/2013 at 5:57 PM

It's just a more interesting image of Kings Chapel Burying ground:). The others I could find were of the gate - that doesn't tell me much.

Please do upload source docs as you can, they are so helpful.

I have a Quaker Reynolds married a Quaker Jenkins in RI records : "no further record known" according to the compiler. I have a Quaker Reynolds with Quaker Jenkins wife joining the New Garden monthly meeting in Guilford NC - but the Jenkins wife has a different first name.

And to make it even more fun there's a VA Reynolds married a Jenkins - migrated to NC.

I'm thinking these are 2 different families & one (or both) are in my tree.

I'll post links next.

9/10/2013 at 6:46 PM

Rebecca Reynolds

The Narraganset Historical Register
http://books.google.com/books?id=4PjIRedAUIMC&lpg=PA153&ots...

Has

Rebecca Jenkins married 1729 to ----- Reynolds. Nothing further known of them.

Her sister Mary also married a Reynolds.

Now I don't know if these Reynolds were Friends, but the Jenkins were, and no reason to think these girls married out of unity.

So ... I guess I need a better understanding of Quaker Reynolds in Narragansett?

Showing all 12 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion