william henry rogers

Started by billie dell on Tuesday, November 23, 2010
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 8 posts
11/23/2010 at 8:11 PM

Hi, my name is Billie Dell. I too descend from William Henry Rogers, from his third wife, Kataraina Rangikawhiti. I would be interested in any further information you may have on this elusive ggg grandfather of ours. Do you have his parents or siblings names? I thought he was born in Massachusetts...he is a tricky one to find. I have been looking for years.

Regards

Billie

11/24/2010 at 12:48 AM

Hi Billie, I have not started to trace William Henry's lineage as yet, but what I did find says he was born in Salem NJ but unfortunately I do not know anything of his 1st and 3rd marraiges sorry, you are welcome to take the info that we have on our tree as it is all public.

I remember seeing whakapapa in relation to Kataraina in one of my searches around the Rotorua region but I did not keep it as I was looking for lineage pertaining to my grand father Te Ngaroata Rogers.

This I do know of the marraige relating to you

William Henry Rogers b 1809 to 05-11-1874 = Kataraina Rangikawhiti

There children that I could find are

William(wiri) Rogers b 1857 to 22-04-1917= Te Waharoa
Raiha (Eliza) Rangikawhiti Rogers b 1855 to 1930 = 1st Tom Bennett 2nd William Butt.
Mereana Rogers b 1859 to 1918 = Clay ?
Charles Hare Rogers b 1861 to 1923 = Rihi Titihuia RATETE

Children of charles and Rihi are as follows

Whakarongotai Rogers b 1886 to 1955 = Hera Hetet
Kamu Rogers =
Augustus Rogers = Katarina
Ihipera (Bella) Rogers = Andy Williams

Unfortunately that is all I know that I have documented

Regards

Edward

Kataraina Rangikawhiti
5/1/2011 at 4:47 PM

Charles Hare Rogers = Rihi Titihuia RATETE

Children of Charles and Titihuia are as follows:

Whakarongotai ROGERS
Frederick Kamu ROGERS
Augustus Rutakewhenua ROGERS
Ihipera (Bella) ROGERS
Wynyard (Winiata) ROGERS

Wynyard is my grandfather..

I would like to know more about my gg grandfather William Henry Rogers too.

Private User
7/9/2012 at 3:09 AM

Can you please help me as I am trying to find out William Henry Rogers First wife, we know that they had a son James Rogers born 12 Nov 1826 but we do not know if he was born in the USA or in NZ. The story we were told was that William's 1st wife died soon after arriving in NZ and that he married 3 NZ wife's If you have any information on this can you please contact me on g_curtis@hotmail.com
Thank you

2/10/2013 at 9:14 PM

I am a descended from William Rogers and kataraina there son wiri ratete had my great grandfather to Te Ririu pango who was named joseph rukingi reke Rogers he had 3 son's Desmond, Robert and my grand father Gordon hope this helps

Private
2/11/2013 at 8:28 PM

ranginoho@gmail.com kia ora my ggggrandfather was Te Rangikawhiti from Ngati Rangiwewehi,he married Ngaroatemoa of Ngati Raukawa,she was a direct descendant of Motai Tangatarau,who was of Tainui Waka,according to the whakapapa I have Merehapi and Kararaina were two of 4 daughters of these two,the other two being Maunu and Koa Merehapi's husband was Whitipatato,and that's where me and my whanau come in,Merehapi and Whitipatato's grandchildren my grandmother and her siblings are shareholders in Waiteti Block around Ngongotaha

3/26/2013 at 6:41 AM

Hello William,
I was wondering if you may have come over the name
VIVIAN ANDREW ROGERS in your reserch?
Jacqueline.

Private User
1/7/2020 at 12:33 AM

Belatedly bumping this thread back up. There is no William Henry Rogers in the Salem, Massachusetts birth records in or around 1809. I don't find any in nearby towns, either.

So, if he was born in Massachusetts, it might've been in a different year or under a different name.

Showing all 8 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion