Benedict surname on Geni.com

Started by Albert James Benedict on Friday, January 14, 2011
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Showing all 5 posts
1/14/2011 at 11:32 AM

This will be an interesting concept for surname researchers. I run the website GenealoWiki.com which has several hundred Benedict biographies. Also am a member of the Guild of One-Name Studies, where I am responsible for the Benedict surname. There is a quarterly newsletter, Benedict Generations that is available through me, if you want to register your email and family outline. I have also met and stay in touch with the family that published "Genealogy of the Benedicts in North America", Volume II, by Elwyn Benedict.
My passion is genealogy and specifically the Benedict family at large. How goes your family research?
- J.B.

Private User
1/15/2011 at 3:23 PM

I'm glad to hear about you and will visit your website. I know Elwyn as well, though I haven't been in touch with him lately. Some years ago My wife & I visited him & his wife and stayed overnight in their home. I have sent him my own family research, but I have little hope that he will ever publish again. I saw a room full of boxes of material that needed publishing. I have just received a DNA kit to submit shortly. It would be nice to know I really am a biological Benedict, Thanks for your info.

Private User
8/27/2018 at 7:23 PM

I would love to add my family into the website. I hope to see the website as well as the different generations and newsletter. My great-grandfather, we found out recently, had a father in the church and he and the step-mother disinherited him and disowned him. I believe in Denmark. My GGF took Benedict from my GGM side in Norway and went to New York. Our name is spelled a few different ways, it may be because some relatives do not really know how to spell it. Please email me lisa.benedict17@gmail.com

Private User
8/27/2018 at 7:23 PM

I really want to learn more about this.

Private User
8/27/2018 at 7:25 PM

I also have done a recent DNA test. It is becoming exciting.

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion