Geni crash and projects

Started by Beth Marie Beeman on Tuesday, August 2, 2011
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing 31-51 of 51 posts

I was oddly excited to see "myself" return last night, sad but true. Thank you Mike.

Erica, you were missing???? So glad you are back!!!

My about me was blank until last night. I wuz erased! But restored from backup so all is well. Might be a little faded like a mimeograph?

I'm still missing..maybe they will find me on a milk carton :)

Beth I'll look into yours tomorrow.

I don't know if they stil do it....but in the old days (MINE), teachers used to give Gold Stars out to outstanding pupils....and, as Anita and others have said......YOU have been SUPER, MIKE......

I too noticed that my profile was back....it was a little disheartening to be at 0%......and was feeling about that secure.....but THAT IS back....I forgot to mention it.....

ALSO noticed that the STATUS on the official site said something actually
worthwhile...and addressed the issues we spoke about....I can't help but feel that YOU also had something to do with that.....

Before your head gets TOO overwhelmed with the accolades...one final note: You also speak in laymen's terms; not 'tech talk'.....which I, personally, appreciate...

Now...if you could just find the grandparents of one of my profiles.....OOPS, that's MY job...........back to work....

I will leave the tweaking of the system to an expert (MIKE).

Beth when did you enter your "About Me" ? I happened to have a backup from May and checking that, it appears yours was blank. We have an independent server that tracks this data, and it has no record of it either. I think I can get it back, but it would help to know when it was there....

hi everyone,

since geni has been back on-line I have noticed that when you view the tree, many names are written vertically until you move the pointer to the box then the names pop back into the box???? does anyone else have this problem? not sure if this is related to the crash? any help would be appreciated.

best wishes

Greg, someone else posted the same issue in a different discussion, so you are not alone!

@Mike Stangel I'm sorry, I was referring to missing profile picture, etc. It's back now. I don't have any "about me" information. I didn't mean to confuse the issue! apologies.

Ah okay.. glad to hear it's all straightened out!

Mike, I was just checking out my tree for the first time since I don't know when...love the green lines showing current marriages when there are multiples!

Thank you!!!!

Where did the HOME go?

Fay, just click the Geni logo at top left, next to where home used to be.

Thanks Anita...found it...and the new easier 'search' position....

What is with the non-Pros getting locked out of projects etc....heaaring a lot of flack on that....

And HOW is a person supposed to find out about PR release data if they dont blog,tweet,twitter, or Facebook.....send pigeons??

Fay, discussion here about the changes. http://www.geni.com/discussions/99057?msg=728298

I found the FB page about two months ago. Prior to that I found out things by watching the discussions the people I follow replied to, or from the notification box on the home screen. If there are other ways, I don't know, either!

Did anyone else notice this?

My tree matches in my merge center, for "my relatives" only, doubled overnight last night, after lowering dramatically two or three weeks ago.

Had that been "messed up" since the crash (or right before) and just caught up to current info again?

Me too....I don't think, as a matter of fact, it wasn't messed up before the crash...I work it daily....mine was down to 4.....today its 50 with all sorts of merge issues in mine,followed,managed.....(for me 10 is a BIG thing)....

......so you are not alone....

Maybe its just catch up to what it really should have been???

Anita, I just reported the same thing. It started today.

We had a new search index go live overnight.. the last one was July 26th so there's quite a bit of new information in this one. I suspect that's the cause of the jump in tree matches.

Now it makes sense! Thanks, Mike.

Showing 31-51 of 51 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion