Abigail Hall (Pratt)
|Birthplace:||Plymouth, Plymouth Colony , Massachusetts|
|Death:||Died in Raynham, Bristol , Massachusetts|
|Place of Burial:||Raynham, Bristol, MA, United States|
Daughter of Jonathan Pratt, Sr. and Abigail Pratt
|Managed by:||Madeline Pinnelli|
Matching family tree profiles for Abigail Hall
About Abigail Hall
Abigail Pratt, wife of Samuel2 Hall, was born June 16, 1665 in Plymouth Colony, Massachusetts to Jonathan Pratt and Abigail Wood, and died in Raynham on July 6, 1734.
- Jonathan3 Hall, born August 22, 1686, married first Sarah Ockington and second, Sarah Smith
- Samuel3 Hall, born 1688, married Mercy Willis, born circa 1690, of Bridgewater, Massachusetts, April 15, 1718 (Bridgewater Vital Records). It has been speculated that her parents were Comfort and Hannah Willis, however, absolutely no documentation has been found to prove this.
- Nothing further has been found on Esther3 Hall and her husband, Samuel Blake.
- Hannah3 Hall married Barnabas Crossman about 1728.
Abigail was the eldest of seven children, having four younger sisters, Bathsheba, Hannah, Meletiah, and Bethiah, and two brothers, Jonathan and Jabez (Plymouth Colony Records 8:32,35).
Abigail married Samuel Hall on January 3, 1683, a few months short of her eighteenth birthday and had her first known child, Jonathan3 Hall, in 1686, when she was 21 years of age. Abigail was 51 years old when her husband, Samuel, died in 1716. She is found on an Assessment List for Raynham, circa 1731/2 (Raynham Town Records), assessed 15 shillings. She was listed as Abigail Hall, Widow.
Abigail lived for 18 years after her husband’s death. She remained a widow and died in Raynham on July 6, 1734 (First Book of Raynham Records). She must certainly be buried next to her husband, however, her headstone has not been found in the Town Cemetery in Raynham Center, Massachusetts (Pleasant Street Cemetery).
... "In addition to the huge error mentioned above, David B. Hall, in his The Halls of New England made other errors in his narrative about the children when he stated that Samuel Hall (1688) left a will (p. 578) and that Hannah Hall married Silas King (p. 572). Samuel Hall (1688) actually died intestate and Hannah Hall married Barnabas Crossman. Unfortunately these errors have also carried over into other publications and genealogies."
August 2014 from Geni member Joseph S. Hall, Jr.
"The information you have on Samuel Hall born 1664 being married to Abigail Pratt is in error. He was married to Elizabeth Bourn(e)."
"Samuel Hall, born 1656, son of Edward Hall of Rehoboth was married to Abigail Pratt. This has been proven through several sources including a land record which stated, "Samuel Hall, son of Edward Hall of Rehoboth, and his wife Abigail..... " which can be found in the land deeds at the Taunton Town Hall."
Profiles updated August 2014.
- American Marriages Before 1699. Name: Samuel Hall Spouse: Elizabeth Bourne Marriage Date: 7 Apr 1686 Marriage Place: Taunton, Massachusetts Source Information: Ancestry.com. American Marriages Before 1699 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 1997. Original data: Clemens, William Montgomery. American Marriage Records Before 1699. Pompton Lakes, NJ, USA: Biblio Co., 1926.
Abigail Hall's Timeline
June 16, 1665
Plymouth, Plymouth Colony , Massachusetts
August 22, 1686
July 6, 1734
Raynham, Bristol , Massachusetts
Raynham, Bristol, MA, United States