Alice Le Despencer (le Despenser)
|Birthplace:||Parlington, Lincolnshire , England|
|Death:||Died in South Croydon, Greater London, United Kingdom|
Daughter of Philip le Despenser, 1st Baron le Despencer and Baroness Elizabeth le Strange
|Managed by:||Noel Clark Bush|
About Lady Alice Le Despencer
- Birth: Abt 1364 in Parlington, Lincolnshire, England
- Parents: Philip le Despenser, Elizabeth
- Married: John de Sutton
- Death: 1392
Father: Phillip Despencer b: 13 Oct 1342 in Nettlestead, Suffolk, England
Mother: Elizabeth Tiptoft b: Abt 1343 in Nettlestead, Gloucester, England
Marriage 1 John De Sutton b: 6 Dec 1361 in Coleshill, Warwickshire, England
Married: Abt 1393
Change Date: 21 Sep 2005
JOHN De Sutton Dudley b: Feb 1379-1380 in Coleshill, Arden, Warwickshire, England c: in Dudley, Warwickshire, England
Alice le Despencer
Birth about 1364 34 of, Carlington, , England
Death 1392 (Age 28)
Family as a Child: Phillip Despencer + (unknown) (unknown)
Family with John Sutton Baron Dudley
John Sutton Baron Dudley (I11469)
Birth 6 December 1361 3221 -- of, Coleshill, Arden, Warwick, England
Death 10 March 1395/96 (Age 34)
Robert Sutton (I11471)
Birth about 1355 -- prob. of, Coleshill, Warwick, England
John Sutton Baron Dudley (I11275)
Birth 1380 1816 -- of, Coleshill, Warwick, England
Death 29 August 1406 (Age 26) -- , , , England
- Alice le Despenser1,2,3
- F, #44834, b. circa 1369
- Father Sir Philip Despenser, Lord Despenser1,4,3 b. 18 Oct 1342, d. 4 Aug 1401
- Mother Elizabeth1,4,3 d. b 4 Aug 1401
- Alice le Despenser was born circa 1369 at of Goxhill, Gedney, & Roxholme, Lincolnshire, England.1 She married Sir John de Sutton, son of Sir John IV de Sutton, Lord Dudley and Joan de Clinton, circa 1379; They had 1 son (Sir John).1,2,3
- Family Sir John de Sutton b. 6 Dec 1362, d. 10 Mar 1396
- Sir John V Sutton, Lord Dudley+1,3 b. Feb 1380, d. 28 Aug 1406
- 1.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. IV, p. 152-153.
- 2.[S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. IV, p. 215.
- 3.[S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. V, p. 101.
- 4.[S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. IV, p. 214.
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p1492.htm#i44834
- Alice le Despencer1
- F, #9862, d. 1392
- Last Edited=20 Oct 2009
- Alice le Despencer was the daughter of Philip le Despencer.1 She married Sir John de Sutton, son of Sir John de Sutton and Catherine de Stafford.1 She died in 1392.1
- Her married name became de Sutton.1
- Child of Alice le Despencer and Sir John de Sutton
- 1.Sir John de Sutton+1 b. c 1380, d. 29 Aug 1406
- 1.[S37] BP2003 volume 1, page 1191. See link for full details for this source. Hereinafter cited as. [S37]
- From: http://thepeerage.com/p987.htm#i9862
- John SUTTON
- Born: 6 Dec 1361, Coleshill, Arden, Warwick, England
- Died: 10 Mar 1395/96, England
- Father: John De SUTTON
- Mother: Catherine STAFFORD
- Married: Alice (Joan) DESPENCER 10 Mar 1395/96, England
- 1. Robert SUTTON
- 2. John SUTTON
- 3. Hamon SUTTON
- Married 2: Joan ?
- From: http://www.tudorplace.com.ar/SUTTON.htm#John SUTTON1
- Complete peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain and ..., Volume 3 By George Edward Cokayne
- II. 1359. 2. SIR JOHN SUTTON, de jure, apparently, LORD DUDLEY or SUTTON DE DUDLEY, s. and h., was of full age at his father's death. He was never sum. to Parl.(b) He was living June 1369 but d. soon afterwards. He m. firstly before 1361 Catherine.(c) He m. secondly Joan,(c) widow of Sir John de MOUNTFORT, of Coleshill, co. Warwick, da. and h. of John CLINTON, of Coleshill, afad. He d. in or before 1370. His widow m. before 1371 Sir Henry GRIFFITH and was living 1407.
- III. 1370 ? 3. SIR JOHN SUTTON, de jure, apparently LORD DUDLEY or SUTTON DE DUDLEY, only s. and h. by 1st wife, b. 6 Dec. 1361, at Coleshill in Arden, co. Warwick, and bap. there. He likewise was never sum. to Parl.(b) He m. firstly Alice, probably a da. of Philip LE DESPENCER, of Carlington, his Guardian. She d. (16 Ric. II.), 1392. He m. secondly Joan.(d) He d. 10 March 1395/6. Inq. post mortem 12 April 1397 and 1401. His widow had livery of dower 23 May 1402. She died in Lent term 1408. Inq. post mortem 2 Nov. 1408.
- IV. 1396. 4. SIR JOHN SUTTON, de jure, apparently, LORD DUDLEY or SUTTON DE DUDLEY, s. and h., b. about 1380, being 17 in 1397 at the inquest on his father's death and 21 in 1401 at that on the death of his great grandmother Isabella, abovenamed, at whose demise he inherited Dudley Castle.(b) He like his two predecessors was never sum. to Parl. as a Baron. He m. before 10 Dec. 1401, Constance, da. of Sir Walter BLOUNT, of Barton, co. Derby (slain 1402) by Donna Sanchia DE AYALA, his wife. He d. 29 Aug. 1406, in his 26th year. Inq. post morten. 13 Sept. and 16 Nov. 1406. His widow d. Sept. 1432. Inq. post mortem 15 Oct. 1432.
- Sir John de Sutton IV (6 December 1361 – 10 March 1396) is the 3rd Baron Sutton of Dudley, and heir of Dudley Castle. He was the son of Sir John de Sutton III, 2nd Lord of Dudley, and Katherine de Stafford. At the time of his father's death, John IV was a minor whose wardship and marriage was granted to Richard FitzAlan, 11th Earl of Arundel. During the fifth year of Richard II of England, 350 marks was paid to Sir Philip le Spencer, Earl of Carlington, to be a guardian over John IV with the arrangement of marriage to his daughter, Alice. She died in 1392 without issue. John married secondly to an unknown Joan (d. April 1408), by whom Sir John de Sutton V succeeded as heir.
- From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Sutton_IV
Lady Alice Le Despencer's Timeline
Parlington, Lincolnshire , England
Coleshill, Warwickshire, England
Coloeshill Warwick, England
August 23, 1392
South Croydon, Greater London, United Kingdom