Matching family tree profiles for Anne Barber
About Anne Barber
- Birth: July 6 1647 - Newbury, Essex, Massachusetts, USA
- Death: 1691 - Suffield, Hartford, Connecticut, USA
- Parents: Aquila Chase, Jr, Ann Wheeler
- Husband: Thomas Barber
- (not married) to Capt. John ALLEN of Salisbury
- THOMAS BARBER Apr 27, 1671 in Newbury, Essex Co, MA. He was born abt. 1647 in Newbury, Essex Co, MA.
Child of John Allen & Ann Chase
- 1 M John ALLEN Birth 23 Dec 1669, Newbury, Essex, Massachusetts76
Ref: ANNE,2 b. July 6, 1647[NE]; m. April 27, 1671[NE], Thomas Barber. John [Allen], son of Anne Chase, b. Dec. 23, 1669[NE]. [ref 36:92]
Children of ANN CHASE and THOMAS BARBER are:
- i. THOMAS4 BARBER, b. Feb 16, 1671, Newbury, Essex Co, MA.
- ii. ELIZABETH BARBER, b. 1674.
- iii. BENJAMIN BARBER, b. abt. 1676; d. 1690.
- iv. JOSEPH BARBER, b. abt. 1676.
- 9. v. AQUILLA BARBER, b. 1679; d. Nov 26, 1764.
- vi. ANNA BARBER, b. 1681.
- 10. vii. JOHN BARBER, b. 1684.
- viii. MOSES BARBER, b. 1687.
The CT and MA Barbers are not the same man or family.
Savage reported Thomas of Gloucster MA moved to Newbury in 1669 to marry Anne Chase d.. o f Aquila. Newbury vital records prove this. They had Thomas1672 and Elizabeth then moved to Suffield CT to have Joseph and Benjamin.
- Full text of "Encyclopedia of Connecticut biography, genealogical-memorial; representative citizens;"
- CHASE, Charles Edward, Active Factor in Insurance Circles.
- The Chase family, of which Charles Edward Chase, chairman of the board of directors of the Hartford Fire Insurance Company, and a prominent public official, is a worthy representative, is of English origin, being among the ancient and highly honored families of England, the name being derived undoubtedly from the French word, Chasser, to hunt. They are one of the families entitled to bear a coat-of-arms, described as follows : Gules four crosses patence argent (two and two), on a canton azure a lion rampant or.
- (VII) Aquila (2) Chase, youngest son of Aquila (i ) Chase, was a native of England, born in 1618, and died in Newbury, Massachusetts, December 27, 1670. He was the emigrant ancestor of the family, but the date of his coming to the New World is not here recorded ; he was a resident of Hampton, New Hampshire, in 1640, from whence he removed to Newbury, Massachusetts, in 1646, where he was granted four acres for a house lot, and six acres of marsh on condition that he go to sea and do service in the town with a boat for four years. He was a mariner, and shipmaster, and the supposition is that he was employed by his uncle or brother, Thomas Chase, who in 1626 was part owner of the ship, "John and Francis." He married Anne, daughter of John Wheeler, and she bore him nine children, as follows : Sarah, became the wife of Charles Annis ; 'Anna, born July 6, 1647'; Priscilla, March 14, 1649; Mary, February 3, 165 1 ; Thomas, July 25, 1654; John, November 2, 1655 ; Elizabeth, September 13, 1657; Ruth, March 18, 1660; Daniel, December 9, 1661 ; Moses, of whom further. After the death of her husband, Mrs. Chase married (second) June 14, 1672, Daniel Mussiloway. Her death occurred in May, 1688.
- Updated from WikiTree Genealogy via father Aquila Chase by SmartCopy: Aug 1 2015, 11:13:05 UTC
- Updated from WikiTree Genealogy via father Aquila Chase by SmartCopy: Aug 1 2015, 11:11:39 UTC
Anne Barber's Timeline
July 6, 1647
Newbury, Essex, Massachusetts
December 23, 1669
Newbury, Massachusetts, USA
February 1, 1676
Suffield, Hartford, CT, USA
July 11, 1679
Suffield, Hartford, CT, USA
Suffield, Hartford, Ct
June 25, 1889
September 18, 1889
January 6, 1958