Matching family tree profiles for Capt. Daniel Barber
About Capt. Daniel Barber
(8). Daniel' (Robert', John1) was a sea captain residing at Gloucester, Mass.; married Sept. 29, 1727, Anna, daughter of Jabez Baker, of Gloucester; bought of his sisters, Abigail and Mary, for 20 pounds each, their right in 20 acres of land originally purchased of Richard Hilton; sold Sept. 25,1731, to Robert Barber for 20 pounds, his interest in 50 acres of land on Piscassic River originally granted to his father in 1798; and died on the Island of Antigua, Nov. 8.1735, aged 29. His widow afterwards married a Plumer. "Anna Plumer alias Barber" gave up her right of dowry, April 9, 1754, and Anna Davis, Mary Tarr and Rachel Doliver, all of Gloucester, sold to John Moody of Newmarket, the 20 acres purchased of Richard Hilton in 1705.
- Anna,' m. Samuel Davis 3d.
- Mary,' m. Dec. 22, 1748, Benjamin Tarr, son of Benjamin, and grandson of Richard, of Gloucester.
- Rachel,' m. Feb. 27, 1749, Paul Doliver Jr., who was born in 1728, died at sea of small pox, and was buried on Milk Island. She d. June 15, 1820, aged 88. Their children were two sons who died young, and three daughters
- Daniel, born July 11, 1734, died March 29, 1738.
- History of Newfields, New Hampshire, 1638-1911 By James Hill Fitts. Page 430
- www.familysearchpilot CD Number 2 Additional Information for Daniel Barber Sources (1) MY OWN GEDCOM FILE Citing This Record "Pedigree Resource File", database, FamilySearch (http://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.2.1/M1KH-ZXG : accessed 2013-01-05), entry for Daniel Barber. Submission submission id:MM95-TL4 person count:1461
- Repository: HeritageQuestOnline.com Notes and Additions to the History of Gloucester, 1891 Babson, John J. Salem, Mass.: Salem Press Pub. and Print. Co., 1891 Page: p. 109
- The Essex Antiquarian: An Illustrated ... Magazine Devoted to ..., Volumes 5-7 By Sidney Perley
- Genealogical and Personal Memoirs Relating to the Families of ..., Volume 2. edited by William Richard Cutter. Page 622