Thomas Seymour, [Captain]
|Birthplace:||Hartford, Hartford County, Connecticut Colony|
|Death:||Died in Hartford, Hartford County, Connecticut Colony|
Son of John Seymour and Mary Seymour
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Capt. Thomas Seymour
About Capt. Thomas Seymour
- Genealogy of the descendants of Richard Seymour, from the first settlement of Hartford, Conn. in 1635 (1880)
- RICHARD SEYMOUR.— One of the original settlers of Hartford, Ct., and as such his name appears on a monument erected in 1837 to the memory of the forefathers of the city in the ancient burying ground. His house was on Burr St. He probably came with Mr. Hooker's congregation from Chelmsford, Essex County, England. The history of this embryo republic (Mr. H's congregation) is given in Mr. Trumbull's History of Connecticut. They first settled in Cambridge, Mass., but thinking to better themselves, removed to Hartford in 1639. He went from there to Norwalk in 1653 and died in 1655.
- He left four sons :
- Thomas, John, Zachariah, Richard.
- SECOND GENERATION.
- THOMAS married H. Marvin in 1653. His children were:
- Hannah, Mary, Thomas, Mathew, Abigail, Sarah, Mercy, Elizabeth, Rebecca.
- JOHN married M. Watson, lived in Hartford, on the south side of Little River. He died in 1713. His age is not known, but his will, dated in 1712, which is preserved in the Probate office, speaks of his being advanced in life. His children were:
- John, Margaret, Richard, Zachary, Mary, Thomas, Jonathan, Nathaniel.
- ZACHARIAH married and had four children whose names are not given.
- RICHARD married and had three sons:
- Samuel, Richard, John.
- THIRD GENERATION.
- JOHN married E. Webster in 1643. Their children were:
- John, Jonathan, Zebulon, Daniel, Nathaniel, Moses, Timothy, Susanna, Richard, Elizabeth, Margaret.
- MARY and MARGARET not given.
- THOMAS married R. Norton, and after her death M. Waters. Their children were:
- Mary, Thomas, Sarah, Jerusha, Ruth, Basil, Alice.
- RICHARD married M. Wilson. No children given.
- JONATHAN ____.
- ZACHARY married H. Olmstead.
- NATHANIEL married and had three children:
- Hannah, Zachariah, Rebecca.
- SEYMOUR, Thomas
- b. 12 MAR 1668/9 Hartford, CT.
- d. 30 AUG 1740 Hartford, CT.
- Father: SEYMOUR, John
- Mother: WATSON, Mary
- Marriage: 19 FEB 1699/1700
- Spouse: NORTON, Ruth
- b. ABT 1675 Farmington, Hartford, CT.
- d. 19 JUL 1710 Hartford, CT.
- SEYMOUR, Mary
- SEYMOUR, Thomas
- SEYMOUR, Ruth
- Marriage: 21 JUN 1711 Hartford, CT.
- Spouse: WATERS, Mary
- b. 1677
- d. 18 APR 1746 Hartford, CT.
- SEYMOUR, Bevil
- SEYMOUR, Sarah
- SEYMOUR, Jared b. OCT 1715 Hartford, CT.
- SEYMOUR, Alice
- SEYMOUR, Josiah b. JUL 1721 Hartford, CT.
- SEYMOUR, Jerusha b. DEC 1723 Hartford, CT. d. 1755
- From: http://www.genealogyofnewengland.com/f_29.htm#283
Capt. Thomas Seymour's Timeline
March 12, 1669
Hartford, Hartford County, Connecticut Colony
November 3, 1703
July 29, 1705
July 29, 1705
November 10, 1707
November 16, 1707
July 23, 1712
Hartford, Hartford County, Connecticut, United States
January 11, 1713
Hartford, CT, USA