James M. Barnett
|Birthplace:||Rockingham, VA, USA|
|Death:||Died in Richmond, KY, USA|
|Managed by:||Justin Swanström|
About Captain James M. Barnett
The two Alexander Barnetts, Robert Barnett, Mary Montgomery & Joseph Barnett Posted: 7 Mar 2009 by: SueBarnettG
This has been transcribed from: Kentucky Ancestors The Genealogical Quarterly of the Kentucky Historical Society Autumn 1996 Volume 32 #1 Written by: Thelma M. Murphy
Mary Montgomery was
- born in 1726 and
- died in Madison County, Ky., in 1808.
- she was a daughter of Alexander Montgomery of Amherst County, Va., and Orange Co., North Carolina.
- Her brother, William Montgomery Sr., was massacred at Montgomery Station in Lincoln County.
- She married Robert Barnett (b. 1725 d. 1787, Amherst Co., Va.) in 1747.
- After Robert's death, she and most of her family moved to Madison Co., Ky.
- Their children:
- 1. Jane (b. 1748, Amherst Co., Va., d. 1825 Ohio County, Ky) who married Alexander Barnett in 1769
- 2. John (b. 1749, d. 1817, Madison County, Ky.,) who married Rebecca Morrison and Susannah Standley.
- 3. James (b. 1750 d. 1835, Madison co., Ky.) who married Marcy Hawkins
- He was a Revolutionary War soldier and county militiaman, and attained the rank of lieutenant colonel.
- 4. Ann
- 5. Alexander
- 6. Mary (d. after 1815. Madison County, Ky.) who married Samuel Bell and William Barnett
- 7. Rebekah (d. after 1808) who married Joseph Moore
- 8. Rachel (b. 1763 d. 1813) who married cousin Joseph Barnett
- 9. Elizabeth Barnett (b. 1765, d. 1835) who married John C. Moran