About Chaya Friedel Halberstam [2nd Bobover Rbzn]
Rebbetzin Chaya Freidel Halberstam married her cousin Rabbi Ben Zion Halberstam.
Chaya Freidel was the daughter of Rabbi Shalom Eliezer of Ratzfert who was a son of the Divrei Chaim of Sanz.
Grand Rabbi Ben Zion Halberstam, (1874–1941), was born in Bikofsk in 1874 to his father Grand Rabbi Shlomo Halberstam (1847–1905) of Bobov. At the age of thirty-one he succeeded his father as the second Rebbe of Bobov. He gained popularity among the youth, which in turn gained him many thousands of followers.
After World War II, barely 300 of his loyal followers remained worldwide. The rest perished together with him during the Holocaust, killed by the Nazis and their Ukrainian allies.
Together, Benzion & Channa Friedel Halberstam had eleven children:
1) Devorah Leah Halberstam married her cousin, Yaakov Yisrael Twerski from Hornistipol (1898-1973). They had the following children:
- Rabbi Shlomie Twerski, son-in-law of Rabbi Yoseph of Pittsburgh.
- Rabbi Mordchai Twerski, son-in-law of Rabbi Shulem of Brighton.
- Rabbi Dr. Abraham J. Twerski.
- Rabbi Dr. Aaron Twerski, son-in-law of Rabbi Alexander of Kolbisova.
- Rabbi Michel Twerski, son-in-law of Rabbi Stein of Foltichan.
2) Rivka Beila Halberstam married her mothers cousin, Yecheskel Shraga Halberstam, and later married Chaim Perlman. She had the following children: Esther and Yankush.
3) Nechama Golda Halberstam married Moshe Stempel. Moshe Stempel was murdered by the Nazis together with his father-in-law Rabbi Ben Zion Halberstam. After World War II, Nechama Golda remarried to Yehosua Meir Freshwater of Sassov. She had the following children:
- Rabbi Leibel Stempel son-in-law of Rabbi Shlomo Dov Kleinman.
- Shoshana Stempel who married Zeev Wolf Stern.
- Benzion Sholom Eliezer Freshwater, son-in-law of the Turka Rov.
- Rabbi Shlomo Yisrael Freshwater, son-in-law of Rabbi Gedalia Schorr.
4) Rabbi Shlomo Halberstam of Bobov, who married Bluma Rachel Teitelbaum. They had three children. Their daughter Hentchi and their son Mordche Duvid were killed in Auschwitz, their only child to survive was their son:
- Rabbi Naftali Tzvi of Bobov, son-in-law of Rabbi Yoseph Paneth of Deyzh.
After World War II, he remarried to Frieda Rubin, and had the following children:
- Rabbi Benzion Aryeh Leibush, son-in-law of Rabbi Moshe Wachsman.
- Nechama who married Rabbi Chaim Yaakov Tauber.
- Devorah Leah who married Rabbi Yehonoson Binyamin Goldberger,
- Malka who married Rabbi Benzion Blum.
- Sarah who married Rabbi Yaakov Yisroel Meisles Bobover Ruv of Kiryath Bobov in Bat Yam.
- Esther who married Rabbi Burech Avrohm Horowitz.
5) Bracha Halberstam married her cousin, Shlomo Rubin who died in 1941. She later remarried to Rabbi Yehuda Lemerger of Serentch. She had the following children:
- Tzvi Hersch Rubin Halberstam.
- Miriam who married Rabbi Chaim Yisroel Weinfeld.
6) Gitsche Halberstam married Mordechai Shraga Lipschitz, who died in 1984. They had the following children:
- Rabbi Benzion Lipschitz.
- Shulem Eliezer Lipschitz, son-in-law of Rabbi Mendel Brachfeld.
7) Chaim Yehoshua Halberstam, born in 1912 and died in Siberia in 1943, married his cousin Leah Halberstam. They had the following children:
- Yaakov Yoseph Halberstam, son-in-law of Rabbi Ahron Teitelbaum.
- Rabbi Burech Duvid Halberstam, son-in-law of Rabbi Chaim Meisels of Sorvosh.
8) Yecheskel Dovid Halberstam (1914–1978) married his cousin, Rachel Rivka Horowitz. They had the following children:
- Rabbi Yechiel Halberstam, son-in-law of Rabbi Aahron Teitelbaum of Tchenchkovitz.
- Rabbi Chaim Halberstam, son-in-law of Rabbi Yitzchock Eizek Liebes of Greiding.
- Rabbi Benzion Halberstam, son-in-law of Rabbi Feivel Halberstam of Kshanov.
- Rabbi Shlomo Halberstam, son-in-law of Rabbi Yisroel Sochet.
9) Moshe Aaron Halberstam, born in 1920.
10) Shaindel Raatze Halberstam who married a disciple of her father, Yisrael Dov Weitz of Zator/Biale Bilitz. They have the following children:
- Mirel Sarah married to Sholem Chentov.
- Rabbi Benzion Yochanan Zev Weitz,son-in-law of Rabbi Refoel Duvid Auerbach of Yerushalayim.
- Devorah Leah married to Avrohom Yitzchok Zweigenhaft.
- Yechiel Mechal Avrohom Yosef Weitz son-in-law of R'Don Sterling.
11) Malka Halberstam married Yisrael Jacober. They have the following children:
Marriage Record can be found here
Chaya Friedel Halberstam [2nd Bobover Rbzn]'s Timeline
April 18, 1881
August 7, 1900
August 4, 1908
November 7, 1908
Bobov, Galicia, Austro-Hungarian Empire
April 10, 1913
Bobowa, Gorlice County, Lesser Poland Voivodeship, Poland
January 6, 1914