Matching family tree profiles for Col. Argall Yeardley, Sr.
About Col. Argall Yeardley, Sr.
From the Miles Files http://espl-genealogy.org/MilesFiles/p214.htm#i21303
Col. Argoll (3) Yeardley (I)1,2 M, b. 31 August 1618, d. before 29 October 1655 Father Sir George (1) Yeardley b. 1587, d. b 13 Nov 1627 Mother Temperance Flowerdieu b. c 1590, d. Dec 1628 Charts Descendants of Sir George Yeardley (Ancient Planter)
Argoll was born on 31 August 1618 at London, England.1 Argoll Yeardley was born 1616-17 although shown as aged 4 in the muster, 1624/5, on 6 Sep 1638 repatented 3700 acres in Accomack County, the patent reciting that the land had been granted to Sir George Yeardley, Kt., father to said Argol . . . by order of the Court, 9 May 1623. He also inherited the unsold portions of his brother Francis' lands on the Eastern Shore. He was a member of the Council, 1639-55, and commissioner of Accomack County by 11 Jan 1641/2. He married his second wife at Rotterdam while on a trip to Holland in his own vessel, Ann Custis, whom he brought to Virginia along with her brother, John Custis. Col. Argoll Yeardley died by 29 Oct 1655 when the appraisal of his estate was ordered. Ann Custis married secondly, John Wilcox (died 1662) and probably thirdly, John Luke. She died by 20 Oct 1686 (Adventurers of Purse and Person, pp. 727-728). He married Frances Knight on 9 March 1636 at St. Stephen, Coleman, London.3 He married Ann Custis, daughter of Henry Custis and Joan Whittington (widow), circa 1649 at Rotterdam, Holland.3,4 Argoll died before 29 October 1655 at Northampton Co, VA.5,4,6
Family 1 Frances Knight b. c 1620, d. 1648 Children
Rose (5) Yeardley b. c 1640 Frances (6) Yeardley+ b. c 1642 Argoll (7) Yeardley (II)+ b. c 1644, d. 29 Aug 1682
Family 2 Ann Custis b. c 1633, d. b 1686 Children
Edmund (8) Yeardley b. 1651, d. 1675 Henry (9) Yeardley b. 1653, d. 1669
- [S379] Sue Morten O'Brien, Register of Americans of Prominent Descent.
- [S624] Virginia M. Meyer & John Frederick Dorman, Adventurers of Purse and Person, Virginia, 1607-1624/5, p. 726 (Yeardley Family).
- [S624] Virginia M. Meyer & John Frederick Dorman, Adventurers of Purse and Person, Virginia, 1607-1624/5.
- [S572] Ralph T. Whitelaw, Virginia's Eastern Shore (A History of Northampton and Accomack Counties), p. 290 (tract N51).
- [S940] John Frederick Dorman, Adventurers of Purse and Person, Virginia, 1607-1624/5, p. 866 (Yeardley Family).
- [S497] James Handley Marshall, Northampton Co, VA, Abstracts of Wills & Administrations, 1632-1802, p. 45 (settlement of estate of Col. Argoll Yardley).
Col. Argall Yeardley, Sr.'s Timeline
London, Middlesex, England, (Present UK)
Northampton, Virginia Colony, British Colonial America
Northampton County, Virginia Colony
October 29, 1655
Accomack County, Virginia Colony, (Present USA)