Matching family tree profiles for Deborah Terry
About Deborah Terry
"William Wells of Southold and his Descendants", 1878, by Charles Wells Hayes, lists on 7 children of William Wells on page 33, and perhaps an eighth child, named Anne, wife of John Goldsmith. None of the eight are named Deborah.
So her father as listed may be incorrect.
- Town of Southold, Long Island. Personal index prior to 1698, and index of 1698 .. (1868)
- 634 2Terry, Gershom, son of 1Richard, B. 1652, D. 14 Mar. 1724/5, AE. 72-4: M. Deborah, No. 635; C., prob. Gershom, No. 636
- -David, prob. B. after 1698; M. Mehitable _ and D. 1778/9
- - Mary, under 18 in 1725.
- 635. Terry, Deborah, wife of No. 634, D. wid. 21 Oct., 1729, AE. 67.
- 636. Terry, Gershom, jun., prob. son of No. 634, D. 17 Feb., 1724/5: M. Mary __ after 1698, who D. wid. 25/6 Sept., 1728; C, prob. Gershom, who M., 1, Mary Wells in 1733; 2, Bethia Wells in 1749.
- 1737. His son on list of freeholders.
- 637. Terry, Deborah, jun., prob. dau. of Nos. 634 and 635.
- 638. Terry, Abigail, prob. dau. of Nos. 634 and 635.
- A history of Mattituck, Long Island, N.Y. (1906)
- The three lots of William Wells were divided after his death, in 1671, among his four married daughters. Gershom Terry and his wife obtained the first lot to the west, John Goldsmith and Anna Wells, his wife, the middle lot. The eastern lot, the extra wide one, was divided into two half-lots, of which John Tuthill, Jr., and Mehetable Wells, his wife, received the western and Jonathan Horton and Bethiah Wells, his wife, the eastern. These half-lots were two miles long, about twenty- five rods wide at the road and narrower at the Sound.
Deborah Terry's Timeline
Southold, Long Island (Present Suffolk County), New Netherlands (Present New York)
September 1, 1684
Southold, Suffolk, NY
October 21, 1729
Cutchogue, Suffolk County (Long Island), Province of New York
June 19, 1888