Historical records matching Douglas Tollemache Anstruther
About Douglas Tollemache Anstruther
Burke's Peerage 107th Edition V.1 page 114
1b Douglas Tollemache: born 15 July 1893; educ. Eton; chm Comtucs Ltd. and Garden Shops Ltd.; m. 1st 9 Dec 1914 (divorce 1925) Enid (d. 18 Dec 1964), 2nd dau of Lord George Granville Campbell, s. of 8th Duke od Argyll (qv), and had:
1c Adrian Fagus Campbell; b 28 April 1917; d as the result of a fall 2 Jan 1932
2c Sir Ian Fife Campbell Anstruther of that Ilk, 8th Bt.
m 2nd 15 Oct 1925 Evelyn Mabel (d 1981) yst dau of Sir John Wormald, KBE, of N. Stoke, Oxon, and d 23 July 1956, having by her had ...
2c Jean Dionis b 3 Sept 1927
Douglas Tollemache Anstruther
- Born on 15 July 1893.
- Son of Henry Torrens Anstruther and Hon. Eva Isabella Henrietta Hanbury-Tracy.
- Married, firstly, Enid Campbell, daughter of Lord George Granville Campbell and Sybil Lascelles Alexander, on 9 December 1914. He and Enid Campbell were divorced in 1925.
- Married, secondly, Evelyn Mabel Wormald, daughter of Sir John Wormald, on 15 October 1925.2 He died on 23 July 1956 at age 63.
- Educated at Eton College, Windsor, Berkshire, England.
- Chairman of Comtucs Ltd and Garden Shops Ltd.
Children of Douglas Tollemache Anstruther and Enid Campbell
- Adrian Fagus Campbell Anstruther b. 28 Apr 1917, d. 2 Jan 1932
- Janet Finetta Campbell Anstruther b. 11 Jul 1920
- Sir Ian Fife Campbell Anstruther of that Ilk, 8th/13th Bt. b. 11 May 1922, d. 29 Jul 2007
Child of Douglas Tollemache Anstruther and Evelyn Mabel Wormald
- Jean Dionis Anstruther b. 3 Sep 1927, d. 5 Apr 1961
Douglas Tollemache Anstruther's Timeline
July 15, 1893
London, Greater London, England, United Kingdom
April 28, 1917
May 11, 1922
Buckinghamshire, England, United Kingdom
September 3, 1927
July 23, 1956