|Birthplace:||St. Andrew's Parish, Plymouth, Devon, England, (Present UK)|
|Death:||Died in Lynn, Essex County, Massachusetts Bay Colony, (Present USA)|
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Edward Richards
About Edward Richards
- The Utah genealogical and historical magazine (1910) Vol. I.
- 1. Richard Richards,1 a Puritan emigrant from Great Britain, came to America and located at Lynn, Mass., about the year 1633. There was a Richard Richards who came from England to Virginia in the ship London Marchant in 1620 ; but it may not be known with any degree of certainty that this man was also the New England settler of that name. Considering the times and the difficulties of travel, in this then almost uninhabited land, it is hardly probable, though not impossible. By occupation Richard Richards of Lynn, was a farmer, which is shown by an inventory of his estate made in 1678. The name of his wife is not given, but he had at least one son and was the ancestor of many illustrious and worthy descendants.
- 2. i. Edward2 was born in 1621, and without doubt came with his father from Great Britain. He married Ann ---- .
- 2. Edward2 (Richard1) was born in 1621, and married Ann ---- , and died Jan. 26, 1689-90, at Lynn, where he had settled with his father in 1633.
- Children born at Lynn :
- i. Deborah,2 who died Dec. 24, 1679, age not known.
- ii. William.
- 3. iii. John, born about 1652 and md. November 18, 1674, Mary Brewer.
- 3 John3 (Edward,2 Richard1) was born at Lynn about 1652, and married Mary Brewer. He was a soldier in King Philip's war and a man of some prominence and ability, well to do as the times went, in the town of Lynn. He made his will January 12, 1705-6, dividing his estate impartially between his wife and children, leaving them in favorable circumstances ; but to his son Crispus, he left his special blessing because he "had borne the burden of my work," reads the will, "and taken care of me in all my long and tedious weakness and lameness for many years past."
- Children born at Lynn : .... etc.
- Edward Richards
- M, #75592, b. circa 1615, d. 25 January 1690
- Father William Richards b. c 1590
- Mother Jean Robden b. c 1591
- Edward Richards was born circa 1615 at of Plymouth, Devonshire, England. He married Ann Knight circa 1643. Edward Richards died on 25 January 1690 at Lynn, Essex, MA.
- Family Ann Knight d. a 1690
- John Richards+ b. c 1644, d. 6 Apr 1713
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p2516.htm#i75592
- RICHARDS, Edward
- b. ABT 1615 Plymouth, Devon, England
- d. 26 JAN 1689/90 Lynn, Essex, Mass.
- RICHARDS, John
- RICHARDS, Bathsheba
- RICHARDS, Deborah b. 1651 Lynn, Essex, Mass. d. 24 DEC 1679 Lynn, Essex, Mass.
- RICHARDS, Daniel b. 1653 Lynn, Essex, Mass.
- RICHARDS, Abigail b. 1655 Lynn, Essex, Mass.
- RICHARDS, Mary b. 1657 Lynn, Essex, Mass.
- RICHARDS, William b. 7 APR 1663 Lynn, Essex, Mass.
- From: http://www.genealogyofnewengland.com/f_2c3.htm#92