Matching family tree profiles for Elizabeth Buchanan
About Elizabeth Buchanan
Chiefs of Clan Buchanan
- 14th – Walter Buchanan, (Guthrie Smith identifies him as 8th Chief and Buchanan of Auchmar identifies him as 15th Chief) married Isobel Graham and by her four sons: 1) (Patrick [Guthrie Smith identifies him as 9th Chief but then goes on to advise that the Chiefship passed from Patrick’s father to Patrick’s sonand Buchanan of Auchmar identifies him as 16th Chief ] who married the daughter of the Earl of Argyle and by her had George who succeeded his grandfather;2)John first ancestor of cadets of Arnprior;3)Maurice; and 4) Walter first ancestor of cadets of Spittal); and two daughters (Margaret and Elizabeth).
- 15th – George Buchanan, (Guthrie Smith identifies him as 10th Chief and Buchanan of Auchmar identifies him as 17th Chief) succeed his grandfather, Walter 14th of Buchanan, in 1526 and died 1560. He first married Margaret Edmonstone and by her a son (John [Guthrie Smith identifies him as 11th Chief but then goes on to advise that the Chiefship passed from John’s father to John’s son and Buchanan of Auchmar identifies him as 18th Chief[79 who married Elizabeth Livingston and by her had George who succeeded his grandfather) and two daughters (Helen and Susanna). Second he married Janet Cunningham and by her had a son (William first ancestor of the cadets of Auchmar) and a daughter (Margaret).
- 16th – Sir George Buchanan, (Guthrie Smith identifies him as 12th Chief and Buchanan of Auchmar identifies him as 19th Chief) succeed his grandfather, George 15th of Buchanan, in 1561, married Lady Mary Graham and by her one son (John his successor) and two daughters (Helen and Susanna).
- From: Stirnet
- Patrick Buchanan of that ilk, 13th of Buchanan (d before 07.1477)
- m. Jonet Cunynghame
- Patrick's wife if identified by BLG1962 as the daughter and heiress of Galbraith of Killearn, Balmois, etc.
- 1. Walter Buchanan of that ilk, 14th of Buchanan (d 1526)
- m. (before 26.11.1463) Isabelle Graham (dau of William Graham, 2nd Lord)
- A. Patrick Buchanan, younger of Buchanan (dvp before 09.03.1502-3)
- m. _ Campbell (dau of Earl of Argyll) suggested by BLG1952
- B. John Buchanan, 1st of Arnpryor (d Pinkie 10.09.1547)
- m. Dorothea Levingstoun
- C. Maurice Buchanan
- D. Walter Buchanan of Easter Catter, 1st of Spittal
- BLG1952 reports that Walter was son rather than brother of Patrick
- m. Isabella Cunyngham (dau of Alexander Cunningham, 1st Earl of Glencairn)
- The following were reported by 'Strathendrick' but not by BLG1952.
- E. Margaret Buchanan
- m. Alexander Graham, 2nd Earl of Menteith (d before 27.02.1536-7)
- ' F. Elizabeth Buchanan
- ' m. (1492) William Stirling, 11th of Cadder, 2nd of Lettyr (d 1517)
- The following were reported by BLG1952 but not by 'Strathendrick'
- G. daughter
- m. Lamond of Lamond
- H. daughter
- m. (22.06.1486) John Campbell of Ardkinglas (b c1460)
- Main sources:
- (1) "Strathendrick and its Inhabitants from Early Times" by John Guthrie Smith, published in Glasgow in 1896
- (2) BLG1952 (Murray-Buchanan of Leny).