|Birthplace:||Guilford, New Haven, Connecticut|
|Death:||Died in Killingworth, Middlesex, Connecticut|
Son of William Stevens, of Guilford and Mary Stevens
|Managed by:||Jonathan William Shea|
Matching family tree profiles for Ens. Samuel Stevens
About Ens. Samuel Stevens
Ensign Samuel Stevens was born 01 March 1657 in Guilford, New Haven Colony & died before 07 July 1712 in Killingworth, Middlesex Co., Connecticut.
- Parents: William Stevens & Mary Meigs.
- Bef 1683 to Elizabeth (abt 1659-1701). Her parents are not known. 5 children.
- after 1701 to Hannah, widow of Tahan Hill.
- after 23 June 1702 to Melatiah Bradford (1664-aft 1739), widow of John Steele. She was a daughter of William Bradford (1624 MA - 1704 MA) & Alice Richards. 2 children.
Children of Samuel Stevens & Elizabeth:
- Temperance b: ABT 1683 in Killingworth, Middlesex County, Connecticut.
- John b: ABT 1685 in Killingworth
- Samuel b: ABT 1687 in Killingworth. Married 1) Jane Crane 2) Elizabeth Platt,
- Tamisen b: ABT 1690 in Killingworth.
- Mary b: ABT 1696 in Killingworth. Married Samuel Wilcox.
Children of Samuel Stevens & Melatiah Steele:
- Elizabeth b: ABT 1703 in Guilford, New Haven County, Connecticut. Married John Hubbard.
- William b: 02 FEB 1706 in Killingworth. Married Ruhannah Earle.
- inventory 7 Jul l7l2;; MFIP, Bradford, l988, p. 9. Conn. Families, vol III, p. 447 states he m. (2) Hannah, widow of Tahan Hill; also gives only two children, John and Samuel.John Steevens of Guilford, CT, pp. 38-39; invt of estate, 10 Jun 1712; son John signed bond 10 Jun 1712, widow Melatiah signed with mark 12 Aug 1712; invt. taken 7 Jul 1712; adm. account signed 4 Jun 1713 by Melatiah and by John on 13 Apr 1714, over L24 in personal estate.
- Early Connecticut Probate Records
- William Steevens of Killingworth, Conn., A New Mayflower Line. 1975.
Ens. Samuel Stevens's Timeline
March 1, 1657
Guilford, New Haven, Connecticut
Killingworth, Middlesex, CT, USA
February 2, 1706
Killingworth, Middlesex, Connecticut, United States
July 7, 1712
Killingworth, Middlesex, Connecticut