|Birthplace:||Llanhymny, Monmouthshire, Wales|
|Death:||Died in Monmouthshire, Wales|
Son of Rowland Morgan, Lord of Castell-Arnallt and Blanch Thomas
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Henry Morgan
About Henry Morgan
- Henry Morgan
- M, #75023, b. 1536, d. 1603
- Father Roland Morgan b. c 1508, d. 1577
- Mother Blanche Thomas b. c 1510
- Henry Morgan was born in 1536 at Llanrhymny, Monmouthshire, Wales. He married Catherine (Elizabeth) Kemeys circa 1559. Henry Morgan died in 1603.
- Family Catherine (Elizabeth) Kemeys b. c 1538
- Thomas Morgan+ b. c 1560, d. b 1647
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p2497.htm#i75023
- Henry MORGAN of Penllwyn Sarth
- Born: 1536, Llaurhymny, Monmouth, Wales
- Died: 1603
- Father: Rowland MORGAN (Sir Knight)
- Mother: Blanche JONES
- Married 1: Catherine KEMEYS (b. ABT 1540 - d. 1567) (dau. of William Kemeys and Margaret Morgan) ABT 1561, Llaurhymny, Monmouth, Wales
- 1. Thomas MORGAN
- 2. Blanche MORGAN
- Married 2: Elizabeth KEMEYS
- Married 3: Eleanor MORGAN
- 1. Elizabeth MORGAN
- 2. Edmund MORGAN of Penhow (Sir Knight)
- 3. William MORGAN (b. ABT 1566)
- 4. Mary MORGAN
- 5. Hannah MORGAN (b. ABT 1570)
- 6. Henry MORGAN
- From: http://www.tudorplace.com.ar/MORGAN.htm#Henry MORGAN of Penllwyn Sarth1
- MORGAN, Henry II (d.1632), of Penllwyn Sarth, Mynyddislwyn, Mon.
- 1st s. of Henry Morgan of Penllwyn Sarth by Elinor, da. of John Morgan of Pencraig; bro. of Sir Edmund. m. Cecily, da. of Arnold Welsh of Llanwern, 5s.
- From: http://www.historyofparliamentonline.org/volume/1558-1603/member/morgan-henry-ii-1632
- MORGAN, Sir Edmund (c.1561-c.1655), of The Savoy, London, St. Giles-in-the-Fields, Westminster and Penhow Castle, Mon.
- b. c.1561,1 2nd s. of Henry Morgan of Llandaff, Glam. and Penllwyn Sarth, Mynyddislwyn, Mon. and Elinor, da. of John Morgan of Pencrûg, Mon.; bro. of Henry Morgan II†. m. c.1600, Margaret (d. Nov./Dec. 1628), da. of John Francis of Combe Florey, Som., wid. of William Fortescue (d. 29 Jan. 1599) of Preston, Devon, 2s. d.v.p.2 kntd. 5 Aug. 1599.3 d. by 3 Feb. 1655.4 sig. Edmond Morgan.
- From: http://www.historyofparliamentonline.org/volume/1604-1629/member/morgan-sir-edmund-1561-1655
- MORGAN, Sir Edmund (d. by 3 Feb. 1655), of Penhow, Mon.
- 2nd s. of Henry Morgan of Penllwyn Sarth, Mynddislwyn, Mon. by Elinor, da. of John Morgan of Pencraig, Mon.; bro. of Henry Morgan II. m. (1) Frances, 2s. d.v.p. 3da.; (2) bet. 29 Jan. 1599 and 17 Apr. 1600, Margaret, da. of John Francis of Combe Florey, Som., wid. of William Fortescue of Preston, Som., s.p.s. Kntd. ?at Dublin, Aug. 1599.
- From: http://www.historyofparliamentonline.org/volume/1558-1603/member/morgan-sir-edmund-1655
- A genealogical and heraldic dictionary of the peerage and baronetage of the British Empire (1869)
- LLEWELLYN AP IVOR, lineally descended from Cadivor Vawr, Lord of Kilsaint, m. Angharad, dau. and co-heir fo Sir Morgan Meredith, Lord of Tredegar (descended from Rhys, Prince of South Wales), and thus acquired the Tredegar estates. Llewellin was father of three sons, viz,
- MORGAN, his heir.
- Ivor, of Werncleppa, or Gwerney Cleppa, near Tredegar, ancestor of the MORGANS of Werncleppa, whose last male heir, Roger Morgan, Esq., d. in 1632, when his estate passed to the Tredegar family.
- Philip, whose son, DAVID AP PHILIP AP LLEWELLIN, seated at St. Pierrer, in the county of Monmouth, was ancestor of the family of LEWIS of St. Pierre. (See BURKE'S Landed Gentry.)
- The eldest son,
- MORGAN AP LLEWELLIN, Lord of St. Clere, in Carmarthenshire, and of Tredegar, co. Monmouth, m. Maud, dau. of Rhys ap Gronwy, Lord of Kybor, and had two sons,
- LLEWELLYN, his heir.
- Philip, who acquired the estate of Langston, co. Monmouth, in marriage with Gwenllian, 3rd dau. and co-heir of Sir John Norris, Knt. of Penllyne Castle, Glamorganshire, and was ancestor of the MORGANS of Llantarnam, (raised to the degree of a Baronet, in 1642,) now represented by the family of BLEWITT,* and the MORGANS of Tredunnock, whose heir is MRS. JANE HAWKINS, of The Garn. (See BURKE'S Extinct Baronetage.)
- The elder son,
- LLEWELLIN AP MORGAN, Lord of St. Clere and Tredegar, was grandfather of SIR JOHN MORGAN, Knt. of St. Clere and Tredegar, whose grandson,
- ROWLAND MORGAN, Esq. of Machen, living in 1570, m. Blanch, dau. of John Thomas, of Treowen, co. Monmouth, and had two sons,
- THOMAS, his heir.
- Harry, of Llanrumney, ancestor of the MORGANS of that place, now represented by LIEUT-COLONEL WILLIAM PEARCE, K.H., of Ffrwdgrech, co Brecon, and Staventon House, co Gloucester. (See BURKE'S Landed Gentry, Supplement.)
- The eldest son,
- THOMAS MORGAN, Esq. of Machen and Tredegar, m. Elizabeth, dau. of Roger Bodenham, Esq. of Rotherwas, co. Hereford, and was father of ....
- A history of the family of Morgan, from the year 1089 to present times ([1902?])
- XIV. JOHN MORGAN ; will dated 4 April, 1513 ; died about 1513 ; married Lettice, daughter of Sir George Herbert of St. Julian's. Issue : 1. William, M. P. for county 1556-57, sheriff 1565 ; will dated 8 August, 1568 ; died 1569, s. p.; married Catherine, daughter of Thomas Bodenham. 2. John. 3. Joan, married Miles Mathew of Llandaff. By Felice, daughter of Thomas Richards : 4. John. 5. Nest, married John Henry Kemeys of Newport.
- XV. JOHN MORGAN of Newport, 1545. married Elizabeth, daughter of Sir Edward Stradling. Issue: 1. Miles. 2. Elenor, married William Morgan.
- XVI. MILES MORGAN, sheriff 1574 ; will dated June. 1578 ; proved 1581, s. p.; married Catherine, daughter of Rowland Morgan of Machen, in 1571 ; widow of Thomas Mathew. She afterwards married Henry Jones of the Inner Temple. Miles was lost in America under Sir Humphrey Gilbert. His heir was his brother-in-law, Morgan of Machen.
- MORGAN OF MACHEN AND TREDEGAR.
- XIII. THOMAS, second son of Sir John Morgan, was of Machen; esquire of the body to Henry VII.; living 1538; married Elizabeth, daughter of Roger Vaughan of Porthaml. Issue: 1. Rowland. 2. Reynold, whence MORGAN OF LLANVEDW. 3. John, whence MORGAN OF BASSALLEG. 4. Edmond, whence MORGAN OF PENLLWYN-SARTH. 5. Margaret, married 1st John Kemeys, 2d William Edmunds. 6. Barbara, married Sir Henry Seymour. 7. Maud, married John ap Rosser. 8, Jane, married 1st William Gunter, 2d Richard ap Jenkin, 3d William Vaughan of Magor. 9. Constance, married William
- Jones of Treowen. 10. Mary, married 1st Edward Williams, 2d Richard Herbert. 11. Elizabtth, married Edward James.
- XIV. ROWLAND MORGAN of Machen, 1517-77, married Blanch, daughter of John Thomas of Llanarth. Settlement 11 Nov. 1517; sheriff 1557. Issue: 1. Thomas, 2. Henry, whence MORGAN OF ST. MELLON'S. 3. Catherine, married 1st Thomas Mathew, 2d Miles Morgan, 3d Henry Jones. 4. Ann, married Philip Morgan of Gwern-y-Cieppa. 5. Mary, married Thomas Lewis of Rhiwperra. 6. Elizabeth, married Edward Kemeys of Cefn Mably.
- XV. THOMAS MORGAN of Machen and Tredegar, and of the , Middle Temple, 1567-77; sheriff 1581 ; M. P. for county 1589; will 1603; married Elizabeth, daughter of Roger Bodenham. Issue: 1. Sir William. 2. Edward, 1586, married Elizabeth, daughter of Richard Thomas of Bertholley. 3. Sir John, died before 1610, married Florence, daughter and eventual heir of William Morgan of the Friars. They had William of the Friars, 1663, mayor of Newport, 1667, father of Lewis Morgan, died about 1690, father of Lewis, died 1729, who sold the Friars. He was father of: (a) Blanch, married Richard Greensward ; (b) Catherine, married Anthony Williams. 4. David Morgan, whence a BRANCH. 5. Blanch, married Edward Lewis of Van ; settlement 1585. 6. Catherine, married William Herbert of Coldbrook. 7. Elizabeth, married William Jones of Abergavenny. 8. Jane, married Rowland Morgan of Bassalleg. 9. Elizabeth, married William Blethyn of Dynham. 10. Ann. 11. Margaret, married Henry Williams of Mathern.
- MORGAN OF LLANRHYMNY.
- XV. 2. HENRY, second son of Rowland Morgan of Machen, married Catherine, daughter and heir of William Kemeys of Llanrhymny, living 1567. Issue: 1. Thomas. 2. Blanch, married William Herbert of Cogan Pill,
- XVI. THOMAS MORGAN of Llanrhymny in 1620, married Catherine, daughter of Nicholas Herbert of Cogan Pill, living a widow 1647. Issue: 1. William. 2. Edward, whence a BRANCH. 3. Robert, whence a BRANCH. 4. Catherine, married Thomas Morgan of Llanvedw, 1619. 5. Elizabeth. 6. Blanch, married 1st, Henry, brother to Sir Richard Kemeys, 2d Henry Basset. 7. Mary, married Charles Kemys. 8. Jane.
- a. Sir John Morgan of St. Clere and Tredegar
- m. Jonnet Mathew (dau of John Mathew of Llandaff)
- (1) Sir Morgan Morgan of Tredegar
- m. Margaret Morgan (dau of Sir Thomas Morgan of Langston @@ below
- (A) John Morgan of Tredegar (d after 04.04.1513)
- (i) William Morgan of Tredegar (dsp before 27.06.1569)
- m. Katherine Bodenham (dau of Thomas Bodenham of Roderwas)
- (A) John Morgan of Tredegar (d after 04.04.1513)
- (2) Thomas Morgan of Machem (5th son)
- m. Elizabeth Vaughan (dau of Roger Vaughan of Talgarth)
- (A) Rowland Morgan of Machem (a 1570)
- m. (by 11.1517) Blanch Thomas (dau of John Thomas of Treowen)
- (i) Thomas Morgan of Machem and Tredegar
- m. Elizabeth Bodenham (b 1543, dau of Roger Bodenham of Roderwas)
- (a) Sir William Morgan of Tredegar (d before 13.09.1653)
- m1. (1598) Elizabeth Wintour (dau of Sir William Wintour of Lidney)
- m2. Bridget Morgan (d before 1627, dau of Anthony Morgan of Hayford)
- (b) Katherine Morgan probably of this generation
- m. William Herbert of Colebrooke
- (c) Blanch Morgan probably of this generation
- m. Sir Edward Lewis of the Van
- (ii) Harry Morgan of Llanrumney ancestor of Morgans of Llanrumney
- (iii)+ 4 daughters
- (B) John Morgan ancestor of Morgans of Bassalegge
- (3) Elizabeth Morgan probably of this generation
- m. John Clinton, 7th Lord (d 04.06.1515)
- (4)+ other issue ( a 1491) - Philip, Lewis, William
- .... etc.
- From: Stirnet.com
Henry Morgan's Timeline
Llanhymny, Monmouthshire, Wales
Llaurhynmy, Monmouth, Wales
Llaurhynmy, Monmouthshire, Wales