Matching family tree profiles for Isabel Hatfield
view all 15
About Isabel Hatfield
- 'Isabel Russell1
- 'F, #48121, d. 1 May 1437
- Father Sir Maurice Russell2
- Mother Isabel Chelrey2
- ' Isabel Russell married Sir William le Scrope, 7th Earl of Wiltshire, son of Sir Richard le Scrope, 1st Baron Scrope, Lord High Treasurer & Chancellor of England and Blanche de la Pole, before 28 July 1399.1 Isabel Russell married Sir Thomas de la Riviere before 12 November 1404.1 Isabel Russell married Sir John Drayton circa 1408.3 Isabel Russell married Stephen Hatfield before 17 February 1423.3 Isabel Russell died on 1 May 1437 at of Dyrham, Gloucestershire, England.1
- 'Family 1 Sir William le Scrope, 7th Earl of Wiltshire b. c 1350, d. 29 Jul 1399
- 'Family 2 Sir Thomas de la Riviere d. c 1405
- 'Family 3 Sir John Drayton d. 3 Oct 1417
- Jane Drayton+ b. c 1414
- 'Family 4 Stephen Hatfield d. c 10 Nov 1461
- 1.[S11568] The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain, and the United Kingdom, by George Edward Cokayne, Vol. XII/2, p. 733-734.
- 2.[S11568] The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain, and the United Kingdom, by George Edward Cokayne, Vol. XII/2, p. 733.
- 3.[S11568] The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain, and the United Kingdom, by George Edward Cokayne, Vol. XII/2, p. 734.
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p1601.htm#i48121
- 'Sir William le Scrope, 1st Earl of Wiltshire, King of Mann KG (1350–1399) was a close supporter of King Richard II of England. He was a second son of Richard le Scrope, 1st Baron Scrope of Bolton. ....
- 'He married in 1396 Isabel Russell (d.1437), 2nd. daughter of Sir Maurice Russell (1356–1416) of Dyrham, Glos. and Kingston Russell, Dorset. ....
- From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Scrope,_1st_Earl_of_Wiltshire
- Sir Maurice Russell (2 February 1356 – 27 June 1416) of Kingston Russell, Dorset and Dyrham, Glos. was a prominent member of the Gloucestershire gentry, the 3rd son, but eventual heir of Ralph Russell(1319–1375) and his wife Alice(d.1388). ....
- By 1st wife Isabel Childrey, on marriage to whom, in 1369, Dyrham and other estates were entailed to the progeny of the marriage:
- (1)Margaret(c. 1375-1460) married twice: (1) c. 1404 as his 2nd wife, Sir Gilbert Denys(d.1422) of Siston, Glos.3 sons, 2 daughters, heir Maurice Denys(1409–1466). (2) John Kemys.
- '(2)Isabel(d.1437) married 4 times: (1) William le Scrope, 1st Earl of Wiltshire, beheaded 1399 at Bristol by Henry Bolingbroke, Duke of Lancaster. He was a staunch adherent to Richard II, and a zealous treasurer of the Exchequer. (2) Sir Thomas de la River(d.1406) of Tormarton & Acton Turville, Glos., whom she bore a son, Maurice de la River, who inherited the Gorges manor of Bradpole, Dorset, which he sold in 1457 to the Earl of Ormonde. (3) Sir John Drayton(d.1417) of Nuneham Courtenay. She bore Drayton 2 daughters, Joan, who was married to Drew Barantyne, her marriage having been purchased by Thomas Chaucer, 5 times Speaker of the House of Commons & son of the great poet Geoffrey Chaucer. Hatfield & Isabel had sold the reversion of Drayton's manor of Nuneham Courtenay to Thomas Chaucer; Elizabeth who m. 1stly Christopher Preston of Slapton, Northants., 2ndly by 1437 John Wenlock, 1st Baron Wenlock, future Speaker of the House of Commons. (4) Stephen Hatfield(d.1461), esquire.
- Isabel and Drayton sold their share in the Russell lands to Margaret and her husband Sir Gilbert Denys, whose family retained Kingston Russell until 1543, Dyrham until 1571 and Aust until after 1600.
- From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maurice_Russell,_knight
view all 11