About John Hatfield Cribb
- Name: Mr John Hatfield Cribb
- Age: 44 years
- Last Residence: in Bournemouth Dorset England
- Occupation: Butler
- 3rd Class passenger
- First Embarked: Southampton on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 371362 , £16 2s
- Destination: Newark New Jersey United States
- Died in the sinking.
- Body Not Recovered
Mr John Hatfield Cribb, 44, was born around 1867 in Australia (1), the son of John Hatfield Cribb Snr (born 1837 in Poole, Dorset).
Note - The 1881 Census - details below - suggest this statement is incorrect - his father was Robert Cribb - Hotel manager - CJB
John Jr was married to Bessie Jane Welch, they lived in Newark, New Jersey, and they had four children: Laura, Ernest (born 1897), Ellen (died 1973) and Frank.
In 1912 John and his family were staying in Bournemouth, Dorset, England. He and his daughter Laura Alice boarded the Titanic at Southampton as third class passengers (ticket no. 371362, £16, 2s); their destination was Newark, New Jersey.
John lost his life in the disaster. His body, if recovered, was never identified.
Notes 1. Another source says he was born in Dorset, England.
Contract Ticket List, White Star Line 1912 (National Archives, New York; NRAN-21-SDNYCIVCAS-55).
- Last Will and Testament of John Hatfield Cribb
- Graham Cribb (descendent of Laura Cribb)
- Cameron Bell, Northern Ireland
- Hermann Söldner, Germany
Travelling Companions (on same ticket)
- Miss Laura Mae Cribb
Holdenhurst, Hampshire - Gueens Hotel -Class: RG11; Piece: 1196; Folio: 6; Page: 6; GSU roll: 1341293
- Robert Cribb Head Mar 44 Hotel Manager born Dorset, Poole
- Lucy E Cribb Wife M 37 Hotel Manageress born Dorset, Poole
- John H Cribb Son 12 Scholar born Australia
- Rob W E Cribb Son 5 Scholar born Dorset, Poole
- Elizabeth Wellmann 27
- Sarah M. Trim 17
- Eliza Ros. Rayment 17
- Richd. Davis 53
- Anne E. Davis 27
- Cornelius Walton 25
- Edgar H. Burton 31
- Elizabeth Burton 28
- Adelaid Burton 3
- Agnes M. Heysham 41
- Sybel M. Heysham 5
- Emily Brown 29
- Mostom Boyd 50
John Hatfield Cribb of Helenita, Salterns Road, Parkstone, Dorsetshire, butler, died 15 April 1912 at sea on the steamship Titanic. Probate Blandford 9 August to Bessie Jane Cribb, widow. Effects £2526 10s
John Hatfield Cribb's Timeline
July 24, 1895
New Jersey, USA
April 15, 1912
At Sea - Titanic Casualty