About Margaret Gascoigne
The Lady Margaret Gascoigne (née Percy) (born c. 1447) was an English noblewoman, the daughter of Henry Percy, 3rd Earl of Northumberland and Eleanor Poynings.
She married Sir William Gascoigne, "the Younger", son of Sir William Gascoigne and wife. Their daughter Agnes (or Anne) Gascoigne married Sir Thomas Fairfax (died 1520–1521), who was an ancestor of Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge. Lady Margaret Percy was a descendant of Edward III.
She married Sir William Gascoigne V (c. 1450 – 1486), son of Sir William Gascoigne IV (c. 1427 – c. 1463) [great-grandson of Sir William Gascoigne I (c. 1350 – 1419), Chief Justice of England] and Joan Neville (c. 1436–1464) (great-granddaughter of Robert Ferrers, 5th Baron Boteler of Wem and Joan Beaufort). The couple had the following children:
- Sir William Gascoigne VI: married firstly Alice Frognall and secondly Margaret Nevill (daughter of Richard Nevill, 2nd Baron Latimer of Snape). Had issue by both marriages. Second son by first marriage, Sir Henry Gascoigne, was ancestor of the Wyvill Baronets (from the 3rd onwards). Male line by primogeniture ended with his grandson William Gascoigne VIII, whose only daughter and heiress (other children died young) Margaret (1530–1592/93) married Sir Thomas Wentworth (1520–1586/87), High Sheriff of York (who thereby got possession of the Gascoigne family seat at Gawthorpe, York), and became the paternal grandmother of Thomas Wentworth, 1st Earl of Strafford.
- Margaret or Margery (c. 1473 – 1515): married Ralph Ogle, 3rd Baron Ogle, and had issue.
- Elizabeth (1470–1559): married before April 1493 as his second wife Sir George Tailboys (c. 1467 – 1538), de jure 9th Baron Kyme and Sheriff of Lincolnshire, grandson of Sir William Tailboys, de jure 7th Baron Kyme. This couple were ancestors of Mildred Warner (paternal grandmother of George Washington, 1st president of the USA) and her sister Mary Warner (ancestress of Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon, mother of Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom) (see here for descent chart).
- Anne or Agnes (c. 1474 – 1504): married firstly Sir Thomas Fairfax (c. 1475 – 1520). She had twin sons: the elder, Nicholas, was ancestor of Diana, Princess of Wales and the younger, William, was an ancestor of Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge (see here for descent chart). Married secondly Ralph Nevill, of Thornton Bridge.
- Dorothy (c. 1475 – 1527): married Sir Ninian Markenfield (died 1527). Ancestors of William Howard Taft, 27th president of the USA Sir Ninian's other wife was Eleanor Clifford, daughter of Henry Clifford, 10th Baron de Clifford. (Of interest: Sir Ninian's sister Anne was ancestress of George Gascoigne, poet, and Zachary Taylor, 12th president of the USA)
From: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_Percy _______________
One merged profile listed birth date circa 1447. Another merged profile listed birth place as Northumberland, England. -SPF
- Margaret Percy1,2
- F, b. circa 1453
- Father Sir Henry Percy, 6th Earl Northumberland, 6th Lord Percy2 b. 25 Jul 1421, d. 29 Mar 1461
- Mother Eleanor Poynings2 b. c 1422, d. 11 Feb 1484
- Margaret Percy was born circa 1453 at of Warworth, Northumberland, England. She married Sir William Gascoigne, Justice of the Peace for the West Riding, Yorkshire, son of Sir William Gascoigne and Jane Neville, before 1469; They had 6 sons (William, Henry, Thomas, Henry, John, & Thomas) and 7 daughters (Margaret, Eleanor, Maud, Joan, Elizabeth, Agnes/Anne, & Dorothy).2 Margaret Percy married Sir Ralph Ryther, Sheriff & Justice of the Peace for Yorkshire, son of Sir William Ryther and Eleanor FitzWilliam, after 12 March 1487; They had 1 son (Henry) and 1 daughter (Elizabeth).3
- Family 1 Sir William Gascoigne, Justice of the Peace for the West Riding, Yorkshire b. c 1452, d. 12 Mar 1487
- Margaret Gascoigne+4 d. a 6 Jul 1515
- Elizabeth Gascoigne+4,5 d. 1559
- Dorothy Gascoigne+4,6 b. c 1470, d. b 18 May 1526
- Agnes Gascoigne+7,4 b. c 1474, d. 1504
- Sir William Gascoigne+ b. 1478, d. 1545
- Family 2 Sir Ralph Ryther, Sheriff & Justice of the Peace for Yorkshire b. b 1451, d. 2 Apr 1520
- 1.[S3604] Unknown author, Magna Charta Sureties, 1215, by F. L. Weis, 4th Ed., p. 55; The Royal Descents of 500 Immigrants, by Gary Boyd Roberts, p. 152.
- 2.[S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 349.
- 3.[S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 623.
- 4.[S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 349-350.
- 5.[S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 701-702.
- 6.[S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 498.
- 7.[S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 302.
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p428.htm#i12854
- Lady Margaret Percy1
- F, #176181
- Last Edited=23 Mar 2014
- Consanguinity Index=0.0%
- Lady Margaret Percy is the daughter of Henry Percy, 2nd Earl of Northumberland and Eleanor de Poynings, Baroness de Poynings.2 She married Sir William Gascoigne, son of Sir William Gascoigne and Joan Neville.2
- Her married name became Gascoigne.2
- Children of Lady Margaret Percy and Sir William Gascoigne
- Elizabeth Gascoigne+2 d. 1559
- Margaret Gascoigne+
- Anne Gascoigne+1 b. c 1474, d. 1504
- [S37] BP2003 volume 1, page 1372. See link for full details for this source. Hereinafter cited as. [S37]
- [S1545] Mitchell Adams, "re: West Ancestors," e-mail message to Darryl Roger Lundy, 6 December 2005 - 19 June 2009. Hereinafter cited as "re: West Ancestors."
- From: http://www.thepeerage.com/p17619.htm#i176181
- Margaret PERCY
- Born: ABT 1447, Yorkshire, England
- Father: Henry PERCY (3º E. Northumberland)
- Mother: Eleanor POYNINGS (B. Poynings)
- Married: William GASCOIGNE (Sir Knight) Gawthorpe, Yorkshire, England
- 1. William GASCOIGNE
- 2. John GASCOIGNE
- 3. Thomas GASCOIGNE
- 4. Elizabeth GASCOIGNE
- 5. Margaret GASCOIGNE (B. Ogle)
- 6. Agnes GASCOIGNE
- 7. Dorothy GASCOIGNE
- 8. Eleanor GASCOIGNE
- 9. Anne GASCOIGNE
- 10. Joan GASCOIGNE
- 11. Maud GASCOIGNE
- From: http://www.tudorplace.com.ar/PERCY.htm#Margaret PERCY1
- Margaret PERCY
- Birth: Abt 1447, Yorkshire,England
- Identification Number: 20263
- Father: Henry , 3rd Earl of Northumberland PERCY (b. 25 JUL 1421, Leckonfield,Yorkshire,England; d. 29 MAR 1461, Battle Of Towtown,Yorkshire,England)
- Mother: Eleanor POYNINGS (b. Abt 1422, England; d. FEB 1483/1484)
- Family 1: William GASCOIGNE (b. Abt 1445, Gawthorpe,Yorkshire,England; d. 4 MAR 1486/1487)
- Marriage: Of,Gawthorpe,Yorkshire,England
- Children of William GASCOIGNE and Margaret PERCY
- William M 1467 Of,Fryston,York,England 20 OCT 1551
- John M Abt 1468 Of,Fryston,York,England
- Thomas M Abt 1470 Of,Gawthorpe,York,England
- Elizabeth F Abt 1471 Of,Gawthorpe,York,England Abt 1553
- Margaret F Abt 1473 Of,Gawthorpe,York,England Aft 6 JUL 1515
- Agnes F Abt 1474 Of,Gawthorpe,York,England
- Dorothy F Abt 1476 Of,Gawthorpe,York,England
- Elinor F Abt 1478 Of,Gawthorpe,York,England
- Anne F Abt 1479 Of,Gawthorpe,York,England
- Joan F Abt 1481 Of,Gawthorpe,York,England
- Maude F Abt 1483 Of,Gawthorpe,York,England
- HENRY (25 Jul 1421-killed in battle Towton 29 Mar 1461, bur [York St Denis]). A manuscript pedigree dated to  names "Henry Earl of Northumberland" as son of "Eleanor Countess of Northumberland". He succeeded his father as Earl of Northumberland. m (25 Jun 1435 or before) ELEANOR de Poynings, daughter of Sir RICHARD de Poynings & his second wife Eleanor de Arundel née Berkeley (-Feb 1484). A manuscript pedigree dated to  names "dau and heir of the Lord Poynings" as wife of "Henry Earl of Northumberland". She succeeded her paternal grandfather in 1446 as Baroness Poynings suo iure. Henry & his wife had five children:
- d) MARGARET . m Sir WILLIAM Gascoigne .
- From: http://fmg.ac/Projects/MedLands/ENGLISH%20NOBILITY%20MEDIEVAL1.htm#HenryPercyNorthumberlanddied1455A
Margaret Gascoigne's Timeline
Alwoodley, Yorkshire, England
Fryston, York Co., England
Yorkshire, England, United Kingdom
Gawthorpe, Yorkshire, England
Gawthorpe, Yorkshire, England
Probably Gawthorpe, Yorkshire, England, (Present UK)