Lt. Abraham Wood Jones
|Birthplace:||Charles City Co., VA.|
|Death:||Died in Charles City Co, VA|
Son of Capt. Peter Jones and Margaret Cocke
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Lt. Abraham Wood Jones
About Lt. Abraham Wood Jones
According to historian Kathryn Gearhart, Abraham Jones received a grant in 1683 from Nicholas Spencer, Esquire, President of the Council, of 1,217 acres in Bristol Parish, Charles City County, on the south side of the Appamattox River, near the lands of Major General Wood’s lands, known as Indian Town Lands, now Rohowick, and the main run of the southern swamp, along Wood’s Fort Lands, and back to the Appamattox. This grant was a compensation for transporting 25 persons including Richard Jones, and William Jones who were likely his sons, or his brothers.
Abraham was dead by 1787 and his widow remarried Rev. John Bannister, Rector of Bristol Parish and one of the original trustees of William and Mary College.
He and Martha had a number of children, including a son Peter Jones (sometimes called Jr. as "the younger" to distinguish him from his uncle.)