Mårten Garretsson (Garrettsson)
|Death:||Died in NJ, USA|
|Cause of death:||drowned out of his canoe|
|Managed by:||Jim Semple, Jr|
Matching family tree profiles for Mårten Garretsson
About Mårten Garretsson
Mårten Gertsson of Christina Creek married Christina Lom c. 1663. he drowned out of his canoe in 1680, Lars Andersson Collinus and Sven Månsson Lom were named administrators of his estate. children:
- Gertrude Gertsson, born 1664, died 1744 in Moyamensing; married John Stille, son of Olof Stille, 12 children.
- Armegot Gertsson, born 1664, died 1755 in Blockley Township, married Johan Skute, son of Captain Sven Skute, 3 children.
- Gerrit Gertsson [later Garrett], born c. 1672, died 1732 in Blockley Township, married:
- (1st) Magdalena
- (2nd) his cousin Regina Huling, daughter of Marcus Laurens, 8 children.
- Mårten Gertsson [later Garrett], born 1675, died 1751 in Blockley Township; married Brita Jonasdotter Nilsson, 5 children.2
Marten Gerritsen(#154), living just west of John Arskin, was a joint owner with Arskin of the Christina Creek plantation patented to them in January 1667/8. He drowned in his canoe on the Christina River in October 1680. His wife was Christina Lom. Her stepfather Lars Andersson Collinus (#a) and her brother Sven Månsson Lom were named administrators of his estate. The children, Gertrude, Armegot, Gerrit and Marten, moved to Moyamensing to live with their re1atives.