Matching family tree profiles for Major General Charles Harvey Miller, CB, CBE, DSO
About Major General Charles Harvey Miller, CB, CBE, DSO
Maj.-Gen. Charles Harvey Miller
- Born on 11 September 1894.
- Son of Robert Miller.
- Married Hon. Bridget Violet Douglas-Pennant, daughter of Lt.-Col. Frank Douglas-Pennant, 5th Baron Penrhyn of Llandegai and Maud Eleonora Hardy, on 15 November 1923.
- Died on 23 December 1974 at age 80.
- Gained the rank of Major-General in the service of the Royal Armoured Corps.
- Chief Staff to HRH the Duke of Gloucester between 1946 and 1947 at Australia.
- Held the office of Deputy Lieutenant (D.L.).
- Invested as a Companion, Order of the Bath (C.B.) and as a Commander, Order of the British Empire (C.B.E.).
- Decorated with the award of the Companion, Distinguished Service Order (D.S.O.).
Major General C H Miller CB CBE DSO DL
This record is held by Imperial War Museum Department of Documents See contact details Title: Major General C H Miller CB CBE DSO DL Reference: CHM
A large and interesting collection covering many aspects of his varied career, including a series of letters written by him to his parents during service in the 18th (Queen Mary's Own) Hussars (2nd Cavalry Brigade, The Cavalry Division) on the Western Front during the First World War and then in India, 1918 - 1922, a series of letters, a diary, a photograph album and other papers relating to his service with the Trans Jordan Frontier Force, 1933 - 1936, a series of letters, diaries, official reports and three photograph albums concerning his service with the 8th Army and 1st Army in North Africa and Italy, including reports and photographs concerning the Normandy landings (June 1944), and letters, official diaries and reports kept during his time as Chief of Staff to the Duke of Gloucester, 1946 - 1947. Date: 1899-1947 Held by: Imperial War Museum Department of Documents, not available at The National Archives Language: English Extent: Original documents
- North Africa
- Normandy, France
- First World War, 1914-1918
- Western Front, 1914-1918
- Second World War, 1939-1945
- Operation Overlord, 1943-1945
- Army personnel
Miller, Charles Harvey, 1894-1974, Major General
Conditions of access:
Unrestricted Context of this record 62 - Imperial War Museum Department of Documents CHM - Major General C H Miller CB CBE DSO DL