Margaret Hunt (Keith)
|Also Known As:||"Margaret Keith", "Margaret Brinsmeade"|
|Birthplace:||Bridgewater, Plymouth County, Massachusetts|
|Death:||Died in Rehoboth, Bristol County, Massachusetts|
Daughter of Rev. James Keith and Susanna Keith (Edson)
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Margaret (Keith) Hunt
About Margaret (Keith) Hunt
- KEITH, Margaret
- b. 2 NOV 1682 Bridgewater, Plymouth, Mass.
- d. 4 JUL 1750
- Father: KEITH, James
- Mother: EDSON, Susanna
- Spouse: HUNT, Joseph
- b. 18 MAY 1670 Weymouth, Norfolk, Mass.
- d. 18 JAN 1716/7 Bridgewater, Plymouth, Mass.
- HUNT, Margaret
- HUNT, Joseph
- HUNT, Alexander b. 15 JAN 1698/9 Weymouth, Norfolk, Mass.
- HUNT, Martha
- HUNT, Jane b. 29 JUL 1704 Weymouth, Norfolk, Mass.
- HUNT, Brimsmead
- HUNT, Mary b. 22 AUG 1711 Weymouth, Norfolk, Mass.
- From: http://www.genealogyofnewengland.com/f_4ef.htm#83
- Genealogical and Family History of the State of Connecticut: A ..., Volume 2 By William Richard Cutter, Edward Henry Clement, Samuel Hart, Mary Kingsbury Talcott, Frederick Bostwick, Ezra S. Stearns
- (I) Enoch Hunt, immigrant ancestor, was from Titendon, in the parish of Lee, two miles from Wendover, Buckshire, England. He was an early settler in Rhode Island and was admitted a freeman in Newport in 1638. He was a blacksmith by trade. He removed
- to Weymouth, Massachusetts, where he was living in 1640. He was a town officer in 1641, and had a case in court in 1641. He died before 1647, when his wife's lands are mentioned in deeds of abutting tracts. Administration was granted to his son Ephraim, November 18, 1652. The homestead consisted of twenty-two acres on the Plain at Weymouth, bounded by lands of Richard Sylvester, John Upham, Mr. Gouer, and west and north by the highway and the sea. He married (first) in England, name of wife unknown. He married (second) Dorothy Barker, widow, who survived him and married (third) John King, of Weymouth in 1652. Her will dated June 14, 1652, was proved October 21, 1652. Children: Ephraim, mentioned below; Peter, born in England, settled at Rehoboth, Massachusetts; Sarah, born at Weymouth, July 4, 1640.
- (II) Ephraim, son of Enoch Hunt, was born in England, about 1610, and came to Rhode Island and later to Weymouth with his father.
- He was a blacksmith by trade. He gave a letter of attorney, December 5, 1646, for the collection of property in Beaconsfield, Buckshire, England, formerly of John Hunt, of Winchmore Hill, in Agmondsham parish. Perhaps this John Hunt was his grandfather. Ephraim settled in Weymouth, and married Anna, daughter of Thomas and Welthea Richards, of Ebbett Brinsmead, England. She was a sister of William Richards, of Weymouth. Her will dated April 23, 1708, proved September 9, 1712, mentions her son William, of Martha's Vineyard; son Joseph, with whom she lived for many years, and others. She died September 9, 1711. Edmund Soper Hunt, in his "Reminiscences", says that Ephraim Hunt was a knighted cavalier of Prince Rupert's troops and that his real name was Colonel Sir William Hunt, He was a refugee from the disastrous field of Marton Moor, and changed his name to avoid detection. He received his knighthood after the siege of York, in which he distinguished himself. He died February 22, 1686-87, and is buried near the Soldier's monument in Weymouth, on Burying Hill. Children: John, born 1646; Thomas, 1648, Ephraim, 1650, William, 1655; Enoch, 1658; Joseph, mentioned below.
- (III) Joseph, son of Ephraim Hunt, was born in 1670, died January 18, 1717-18. He married Margaret ---- . She died July 4, 1750. Children: Margaret, born April 29, 1694; Joseph, mentioned below; Alexander, January 15, 1698; Martha, February 2, 1700; Jane, July 29, 1704; Brinsmead, October 7, 1708; Mary, August 12, 1712. They lived in Milton, Massachusetts.
- (IV) Joseph (2), son of Joseph (1) Hunt, was born in 1696, in Milton. He married (first) Tabitha Crane, July 26, 1718. He married (second) Esther Searl, February 9, 1726. She died March 15, 1767. Children: Esther, born April 22, 1727; Elizabeth, May 15, 1728; Oliver, April 15, 1730; Abner, mentioned below; Abigail, May 2, 1734; Joab, October 16, 1735; Susanna, June 2, 1737; Miriam and Rebecca, May 28, 1742; Joseph, baptized December 7, 1746.
- .... etc.
Margaret (Keith) Hunt's Timeline
November 2, 1682
Bridgewater, Plymouth County, Massachusetts
April 29, 1694
Milton, Norfolk County, Massachusetts
January 15, 1698
February 2, 1700
Milton, Norfolk Co, MA
July 29, 1704
October 7, 1708
Weymouth, Norfolk County, Massachusetts, United States
August 12, 1712
July 4, 1750
Rehoboth, Bristol County, Massachusetts