Mary Sewall (Robie)
|Birthplace:||Marblehead, Essex, Massachusetts|
|Death:||Died in Boston, Suffolk , Massachusetts, United States|
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Mary Sewall
About Mary Sewall
Mr. Robie first went to Halifax, but afterwards to London, Feb. 5, 1776. He passed his time of exile mostly in Halifax, where one of his daughters married Jonathan Stearns, Esq., another refugee; another was married to Joseph Sewall, Esq., late treasurer of Massachusetts.
Mary Robie was baptised on 3 June 1764 at Marblehead, Massachusetts.1,2 She was the daughter of Thomas Robie and Mary Bradstreet. Mary Robie married Hon. Joseph Sewall, son of Samuel Sewall and Elizabeth Quincy, on 21 September 1788 in Marblehead, Massachusetts.3,2 Mary Robie died on 23 July 1834 in Boston, Massachusetts, at the age of 70.
Children of Mary Robie and Hon. Joseph Sewall
- Mary Sewall b. 1 Jul 1789, d. 21 Apr 1816
- Elizabeth Sewall4 b. 10 Apr 1791, d. Sep 1791
- Thomas Robie Sewall+ b. 28 Jul 1792, d. 30 Sep 1864
- Joseph Sewall b. 7 Jul 1794, d. 2 Sep 1797
- Elizabeth Q. Sewall4 b. Jun 1796, d. Feb 1797
- Joseph Sewall4 b. 24 Dec 1797, d. 20 Sep 1800
- Samuel Edmund Sewall+ b. 9 Nov 1799, d. 20 Dec 1888
- Edward Bradstreet Sewall b. 24 Sep 1801, d. 12 Sep 1827
- Martha Higginson Sewall b. 11 Dec 1803, d. 12 Dec 1832
- Elizabeth Salisbury Sewall b. 20 Dec 1804, d. 2 Sep 1827
- Frances Robie Sewall5 b. 17 Nov 1807, d. 30 Jun 1830
- [S124] Samuel (Rev.) Sewall, Pedigree of Sewall.
- [S130] Massachusetts Vital Records, Massachusetts Vital Records to 1850.
- [S205] Newspaper, Mass Gazette. 3 Oct 1788.
- [S3] Nina Moore Tiffany, Samuel E. Sewell: a memoir, p.9.
- [S3] Nina Moore Tiffany, Samuel E. Sewell: a memoir, p.10 (at 11/97 the only mention of this daughter).
Mary Sewall's Timeline
June 3, 1764
Marblehead, Essex, Massachusetts
July 28, 1792
November 9, 1799
Boston, Suffolk, Massachusetts, United States
July 23, 1834
Boston, Suffolk , Massachusetts, United States