Matching family tree profiles for Parker Adkins
About Parker Adkins
- Birth: 1763, Franklin Co., VA
- Death: 5 Nov 1857, Raleigh Co., VA [now WV]
- Father: Jacob ADKINS
- Mother: Judah
- Marriage-1: 3 Jan 1792, Montgomery Co., VA Wife-1: Mary LEFON / LEFORD
- Marriage-2: 5 May 1851, Raleigh Co., VA [now WV]Wife-2: Mary Ann WILLIS Death: bef. 1850
Children with Mary LEFON /LEFORD — said to be born in Montgomery Co., VA:
- 1. Grover "Govey" ADKINS; m. 20 Dec 1825, Greenbrier Co., VA, Elizabeth ADKINS
- 2. Margaret ADKINS, b. 1801; m. 13 Jun 1825, Cabell Co., VA, John RICHMOND
- 3. Larkin ADKINS, b. 1803; m. Elizabeth __?__
- 4. Elizabeth ADKINS, b. ca. 1807; m. 17 Jun 1848, Raleigh, VA, Matthew ADKINS
- 5. Mary ADKINS, b. 1808
- 6. Rebecca ADKINS, b. 1807/8
- 7. Robert ADKINS, b. 1810; m. Nancy LILLY
- 8. Barbara "Barbary" ADKINS, b. 1814
- 9. Rickells ADKINS, b. 1815; m. 27 Jul 1838, Raleigh, VA, Lovey WILLIS
- 10. Nancy ADKINS, b. 1816; m. 1 Apr 1837, Greenbrier Co., VA [now WV], Robert Jefferson BENNETT
- 11. Anderson ADKINS, b. 1819; m. 5 Aug 1842, Raleigh, VA, Ann KIOUS
Children with Mary Ann WILLIS — said to be born in Montgomery Co., VA:
- . Lauden ADKINS
- . James ADKINS
- . Elizabeth ADKINS, b. 20 Dec 1853
- . Sarah ADKINS
- . Cumberland ADKINS, b. 9 Jul 1859
Pretty hard for Parker to have a son in 1859 if he died in 1857.
Children of Lydia Owens and William V. Adkins are
iii. Parker Adkins was born Abt 1745 in Henrico County, Virginia, and died Aft 1815 in Kanawha County, (West) Virginia. He married Mary Ledford 3 Jan 1772 in Pittsylvania County, Virginia. She was born Abt 1750, and died in Y.
BUT he's not in the will for William Vincent Adkins, Jr. !!!!!!
- http://littlecalamity.tripod.com/Genealogy/AdkinsFamily.html not listed
Last updated Feb 2018
- Parkins Adkins d 1857 was in the War of 1812 (it appears) and had a pension. None of Mary Willis' children are beneficiaries.
- He left a will. Again, none of her children were listed or collected legacies.
- We have birth dates for 2 of the children, 1853 (when he would have been in his upper 80s) and 1859 (after his death)
- his widow was living in 1870 in Lincoln County, WV. If he was close to her age we are looking for someone born about 1825 - not about 1762.
There appears to be a "missing" Parker (?) Adkins, and this profile represents what we know so far. Feel free to contribute.
- Mary Adkins
- Birth: Circa 1830 Â Virginia, United States
- Residence: June 1 1870 Â West Virginia, USA
- Age: 40
- Race: White
Relation to head Name Age
- Head (implied) Mary Adkins 40
- Daughter (implied) Sarah A Adkins 15
- Son (implied) Cumberland Adkins 14
- Daughter (implied) Elizabeth Adkins 10
- Son (implied) James Adkins 3
Parker Adkins's Timeline
Bedford County, Virginia, United States
Greenbrier County, Virginia
April 12, 1808
Greenbrier, Virginia, USA