view all 24
About Richard of Cornwall
- Richard of England1,2
- M, #41456, b. July 1246, d. 15 August 1246
- Father Sir Richard, Earl of Cornwall, King of the Romans, Comte de Poitou1,2 b. 5 Jan 1209, d. 2 Apr 1272
- Mother Sanchia of Provence2 b. c 1225, d. 9 Nov 1261
- Richard of England was born in July 1246 at Wallingford, England.1,2 He died on 15 August 1246 at Wallingford, England.1,2
- 1.[S11575] The Lineage and Ancestry of H.R.H. Prince Charles, Prince of Wales, by Gerald Paget, Vol. I, p. 16.
- 2.[S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 230-232.
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p1380.htm#i41456
- Richard of Cornwall1
- M, #102530, b. July 1246, d. 15 August 1246
- Last Edited=1 May 2011
- Consanguinity Index=0.18%
- Richard of Cornwall was born in July 1246 at Wallingford Castle, Berkshire, England.2 He was the son of Richard, 1st Earl of Cornwall and Sanchia of Provence. He died on 15 August 1246 at Wallingford Castle, Berkshire, England.2
- 1.[S106] Royal Genealogies Website (ROYAL92.GED), online ftp://ftp.cac.psu.edu/genealogy/public_html/royal/index.html. Hereinafter cited as Royal Genealogies Website.
- 2.[S11] Alison Weir, Britain's Royal Families: The Complete Genealogy (London, U.K.: The Bodley Head, 1999), page 69. Hereinafter cited as Britain's Royal Families.
- From: http://www.thepeerage.com/p10253.htm#i102530
- Richard PLANTAGENET (1º E. Cornwall)
- Born: 5 Jan 1209, Winchester Castle, Hampshire, England
- Acceded: 30 May 1227
- Died: 2 Apr 1272, Newark Castle, Newark, Nottinghamshire
- Buried: Worcester Cathedral
- Notes: Created Earl of Poictiers in 1225, Elected King of the Romans and of Almaine 1256. Some say married 13 Mar 1231. Weir says died Berkhampstead Castle and buried Hayles Abbey. The Complete Peerage vol.IV,p.IV,pp.320-321,note c.
- Father: JOHN I "Lackland" PLANTAGENET (King of England)
- Mother: Isabella of Angoulême
- Married 1: Isabella MARSHALL (dau. of William Marshall, 4º E. Pembroke, and Isabel De Clare) 30 Mar 1231, Fawley Church, Bucks
- 1. John PLANTAGENET (b. 31 Jan 1232 - d. 22 Sep 1233)
- 2. Isabella PLANTAGENET (b. 9 Sep 1233 - 10 Oct 1234)
- 3. Henry PLANTAGENET of Almaine
- 4. Nicholas PLANTAGENET (b. 17 Jan 1240)
- Married 2: Sancha of Provence (Queen of the Romans) (b. 1225 - d. 1261) (dau. of Raymond, Count of Provence, and Beatrice of Savoy) 23 Nov 1243, Westminster Abbey, London, England
- 5. Richard PLANTAGENET (b. Jul 1246)
- 6. Edmund PLANTAGENET (2º E. Cornwall)
- 7. Richard PLANTAGENET (b. ABT 1252)
- 8. Walter PLANTAGENET
- Married 3: Beatrix of Falkenburg (dau. of William De Fauquemont, Count of Falkenburg, and Joan Van Loos) 16 Jun 1269, Kaiserslautern, Germany
- 9. Isabella PLANTAGENET
- Associated with: Jeanne De VALLETORT
- 10. Richard of Cornwall (Sir)
- From: http://www.tudorplace.com.ar/PLANTAGENET.htm#Richard PLANTAGENET (1º E. Cornwall)