Sibyl de Hoghton
|Also Known As:||"Sibyll de Houghton", "Bold"|
|Birthplace:||Houghton, Lancashire, England|
|Death:||Died in Banastre, Cheshire, England|
Daughter of Sir Richard de Hoghton, MP and Sybil de Lea, Lady of Mollington
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Sibyl de Hoghton
About Sibyl de Hoghton
Sibyl de Hoghton was born 1308 in Lea Hall, Preston, Lancashire, England and died 1388 in Mollington, Banastre, Cheshire, England 1.
- Parents: Richard de Hoghton MP b: ABT 1279 in Mollington, Banastre, Cheshire, England & Sibilla de Lea b: 1283 in Lea Hall, Preston, Lancashire, England
- William de Bold. Died before 1336. He was the son of Richard de Bold & Margery Mobberly.
- before 1336 to Robert de Clitheroe b: ABT 1310 in Salesbury, Blackburn, Lancashire, England. Died before 1379 (2). He was the son of Robert de Clitheroe of Salesbury & Sibayl de Hodelson
- Sir Richard BOLD Knight born 1334 in Bold, Lancashire, England. Married 1) Alicia 2) Dulcia Savage 3) Elena de MOLYNEUX.
- Hugh de Clitheroe born abt 1336 in Salesbury, Lancashire, England. Married Isabel de GRAS.
- Sibly de Clitheroe b: ABT 1340. Married 1) Richard Radcliffe of Ordsall b. Abt 1320. 2) Richard Mauleverer of Beamsley 3) Roger de Fulthrop.
- The marriage of Robert de Clitheroe was acquired by Adam de Hoghton, who married him to his sister Sibyl, relict of William de Bold. The issue of the marriage was an only daughter Sibyl, upon whom her father settled his manor and estates in 1362, and married her to Richard son of John de Radcliffe of Ordsall. (1)
- Sibyl de Clitheroe, widow, contributed to the poll tax levied in 1379; Lancs. Subs. bdle. 130, no. 28. (Vol. 6, Salesbury, p 252 et seq, fn 29) (2)
- 'Townships: Salesbury', A History of the County of Lancaster: Volume 6 (1911), pp. 252-257. URL: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=53110&strquery=Salesbury Date accessed: 15 March 2009.
- The Victoria History of the Counties of England: Lancaster. Dawson for The University of London Institute of Historical Research, London, 1903, 1906; www.british-history.ac.uk
Sibyl de Hoghton's Timeline
West Riding, Yorkshire, UK
Bold, Lancashire, England
Banastre, Cheshire, England