About Sir Patrick, Earl of Tullibardine
http://www.archive.org/stream/heraldryofmurray00john#page/20/mode/2up Page No. 98c and Page No. 124
(98) Sir John Murray of Tullibardine , died 1613. He was served heir to his father 15th May, and to his grandfather 27th June, 1583. In 1590-92 he was M.P. for Perthshire. On 25th April 1604 he was created Lord Murray of Tullibardine, and on 10th July 1606 Earl of Tullibardine, Lord Murray, Gask, and Balquhidder. He married, before 20th December 1576, Catherine, daughter of David, second Lord Drummond, and had issue:
98(a) William (No. 99).
- 98(b) Captain John Murray, died before 13th February 1607.
- 98(c) Sir Patrick, Earl of Tullibardine (No. 124 below).
- 98(d) Sir Mungo, second Viscount Stormont (No. 126 below).
- 98(e) Robert Murray, living 1618.
SIR PATRICK MURRAY, third son of John, first Earl of Tullibardine (No. 98), died c. 1643. His Will recorded 25th July 1645 (Edinburgh). On the resignation by his brother (No. 99) he was created, 30th January 1628, Earl of Tullibardine and Lord Murray of Gask, with apparently the original precedence. He was thus the third holder of the titles. He married, c. 1609, Elizabeth, daughter of John Dent and widow of Sir Francis Vere. Her Will recorded 7th May 1656 (Edinburgh). They had issue :
- (a) James (No. 125).
- (b) William Murray of Redcastle. He joined Montrose, was taken prisoner at Philiphaugh, and was executed 27th November 1645.
Sir Patrick, Earl of Tullibardine's Timeline
April 16, 1579
September 22, 1617
Gask, Perthshire, Scotland
September 5, 1644