Matching family tree profiles for Tandy Watts Key
About Tandy Watts Key
- Fort Daniel, Gwinnett County, Ga was built by Commander Tandy Watts (not Senter) Key of Jasper County, GA. It was built during the War of 1812 in order to fight the Creek and Cherokee Indians who had sided with the British during this war. Tandy Watts Key was the son of Joseph Stauton Key and Judith Watts Key. They had moved to GA from Virginia.
- Tandy Watts Key was born on September 8, 1786 at Wilkes County, GA. He was the son of Joseph Stauton Key I and Judith Watts. Tandy Watts Key married Nancy Johnson Beatty, daughter of Joseph Beatty, on July 27, 1809 at Morgan County, GA. [One source has the wedding date as July 9, 1809.].
- Tandy Watts Key reared his youngest brother, Caleb Witt Key and his little sister, Nancy Philips Key. * Tandy Watts Key died on July 7, 1840 at Columbus, Muscogee County, GA, at age 53. [He rode a spirited horse which threw and killed him.]. He was buried at Columbus, Muscogee County, GA.
Children of Tandy Watts Key and Nancy Johnson Beatty:
- William Watts Beatty Key+ b. April 13, 1812, d. May 23, 1899
- Margaret Davis Key b. November 3, 1814
- Adaline Key b. January 10, 1818
- Judith Watts Key b. January 19, 1820
- Thomas Potts Key b. April 22, 1822, d. November 15, 1824
- Mary Louise Key b. May 2, 1825
- Elizabeth Tandy Key b. September 14, 1827
- Joseph Staunton Key b. November 26, 1828, d. May, 1829
- Harriet Eliza Key b. May 2, 1830
- Gilbert LaFayette Key b. March 27, 1834