Ursula Butts (Tyndall)
|Also Known As:||"Ursula Tyndale"|
|Birthplace:||Probably Hockwold, Norfolk, England|
|Death:||(Date and location unknown)|
Daughter of Sir John Tyndale, K.B., of Hockwold and Amphilice Tyndall
|Managed by:||Kira Rachele Jay|
Matching family tree profiles for Ursula Butts
About Ursula Butts
- Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. IV, p. 240-241.
- Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. II, p. 89.
- Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, p. 842-843.
- "Stemma Robertson" a book in the Soc Gen, London
- Inscription,. Gough ii, p.305, but see H.Haines 'Monumental Brasses' p 154;
- Pedigree in The Chesters of Chicheley gives 18 Jan 1532-3 "MI at Hockwold."
Descendants of Amphilice Coningsby
4. URSULA13 TINDALL (AMPHILICE12 CONINGSBY, HUMPHREY11, THOMAS10, THOMAS9, THOMAS8, JOHN7, THOMAS6, WILLIAM5, ROGER4, JOHN3 DE CONINGSBY, JOHN2 CONINGSBY, ROGER BARON1 DE CONINGSBY)
- was born 1510.
- She married (1) RICHARD GAWSELL .
- He was born in Watlington, Norfolk, and
- died 1538.
- She married (2) WILLIAM BUTTS.
- He was born in Shouldham - Thorpe, Norfolk.
- married in her father's lifetime Richard Gawsell Esq., of Watlington in Norfolk, who died in 1538. (35)
- She married secondly William Butts Esq.., of Shouldham-Thorpe in Norfolk, (36) by whom she had amongst other issue Dr. Henry Butts D.D., the unhappy Master of Corpus Christi College, Cambridgeshire, who committed suicide in 1632.
Children of URSULA TINDALL and WILLIAM BUTTS are:
- 1. i. DR HENRY14 BUTTS.
- Occupation: 1632, Master of Corpus Christie College, Cambridgeshire 
- 2. 14. ii. WILLIAM BUTTS,
- b. Shouldham Thorpe.
- 3. 15. iii. ALICE BUTTS.