unknown father of William Gifford
|Also Known As:||"Not Philip Gifford", "not Anthony Gifford", "not Ambrose Gifford"|
|Birthplace:||London, Middlesex, England|
|Death:||(Date and location unknown)|
|Managed by:||Private User|
About unknown father of William Gifford
Please see Paul Gifford's IDENTIFYING WILLIAM GIFFORD'S ORIGINS: FRAUDULENT, FICTITIOUS AND FAILED ATTEMPTS
"A glance at RootsWeb’s WorldConnect Project, which contains submitted gedcom files, shows that there are 541 William Giffords with 1687 as a death date. The proliferation of copycat genealogy, however, means the proliferation of inaccuracies, errors, and fictions, even well-meaning ones. Thus, of the 541, 232 list his father as Philip or Phillip, five as the fictional Walter, three as Ananias, three as Anthony, and two as Anthi. Many of the listings seem to indicate that people have picked and chosen various elements from these above sources and combined them ..."
- DNA testing, as of 2013, has revealed no British matches to the (largest) American family
Eliminated ancestral possibilities; he is NOT
- Walter Gifford, who is fictional
- Philip Ambrose Gifford, who is fictional
- Peter Giffard of Chillington
- Philip Gifford, descendant of the Giffards of Halsbury, Devonshire
- Ananias Gifford of London
- Mr. William Gifford, merchant tailor and citizen of London
- Anthony (Anthi) Gifford who was son of Humphrey Gifford, a poet and schoolmaster of Barnstaple, Devonshire
Feel free to add to this list ....
REF.: < http://www.macomberkin.com/tng/getperson.php?personID=I74102&tree=macomberkin >.