Die Groot trek na Potchefstroom
- Jacob de Klerk (1757) vorm 'n kerngroep van die binnelanders wat saam vertrek en deel van die Groot Trek uitmaak. Diè Jacob se seun Jacob (1791) trek verder noord tot oor die Vaalrivier na die tragiese gebeure in Natal en vestig hom eers aan die Mooiriver (Potchefstroom) waar hy die eerste landdros vir die trekkers noord van die Drakensberge in Kommandant Andries Hendrik Potgieter se laer word.
- Jacob de Klerk 1757 -
How to Participate
If you have an ancestor who was a participant in the Great Trek to Potchefstroom
- Get yourself added as a collaborator
- Navigate to your ancestor's profile
- Under the "More Actions" link choose "Add to Project"
- Select the Groot Trek na Potchefstroom " project
How to add a link is explained in the attached document - Adding links to Geni profiles to projects.
- Include in the "About Me" section of each person a brief biographical sketch of their lives. Also include their Settler party and ship name and arrival date if known
- Include a photograph/painting of your ancestor if one exists.
- Your ancestor's profiles should be marked as "public" and not "private".
- All included profiles should include full identifying information including birth and death dates as well as birth and death locations. It would also be very helpful if the immediate family of your pioneer ancestor, (their parents, siblings and children) profiles were public profiles also.
- Do not make public any profiles of living people.
NOTE: All profiles included on this project will have their profiles editable by other geni.com collaborators of this project. The object of reproducing the list here is to see if these people can be located on Geni and perhaps develop trees from them. To take part in any project - you do need to first be a collaborator - so join the project. See the discussion Project Help: How to add Text to a Project - Starter Kit to get you going!