The Children's Friend Society Ships - Canada
See Main Project Page - The Children's Friend Society
To participate in any project
- you do need to first be a collaborator - so please join the project using the request link under "actions" at the top right of the page. Visit Geni Wikitext, Unicode and images which gives a great deal of assistance. See the discussion Project Help: How to add Text to a Project - Starter Kit to get you going!
See also the following GENi projects
[Listed in this order - Apprentice, Master, in what capacity to Master]
- Ball, Charles - Howard &Thompson, merchants as a Store Servant.
- Brady, Thomas - Major Frost of Quebec, Town Major as a Groom and house servant.
- Burling, John - Mr Richardson of Quebec, Tanner as a tanner.
- Curtis, Robert - Messrs Porteus and Co.,Laprairie, near Montreal, storekeeper as a store servant.
- Davies, Henry - Mr. Murray near Quebec, farmer as a farm servant.
- Eastman, William - M. Howard of Montreal a storekeeper as a store and house servant.
- Hanham, Phillip - Mr E. Peel, Esq., Sorel, near Montreal as a groom and house servant.
- May, Edwin - M. Hossack of Quebec a grocer as a store servant.
- May, Frederick - M. Hossack nr. Quebec a farmer as a farm servant.
- Morris, John - Mr E.H. Bowen, Esq., Quebec, Barrister as a house servant.
- Nelson, Jane - Mr Orrok, Secretary as a servant.
- Nownes, Geo. Wm - Mr Coyle, near Quebec, Saddler as a saddler.
- Oldham, Edward - Dr Mount, Pointe Clair, near Montreal, Physician as a groom and house servant.
- Parry, Thomas - Mr Yarwood of Quebec, Agent to American Land Co as a house servant.
- Plunket, Thomas - Mr. Phillips, near Quebec, Inspector of Flour as a house servant.
- Ross, Richard - Mr Hoog, Quebec, Boarding-house as a House Servant.
- Shurety, Thomas - Dr E. W. Carter, Sorel, near Montreal, surgeon as a house servant.
- Turner, Henry - Mr Marshall, near Quebec, Tailor as a tailor.
- Whitcomb, William - D. McDonald, Quebec, farmer as a farm servant.
- White, Thomas - Mr R. Symes, near Quebec, merchant as a house servant.
- Young, William Mr J. Davidson, Esq., near Quebec, Crown Land Office as a house servant
Source:- The 4th, 5th and 6th Annual Reports for the CFS.
Note:- The embarkation return in the 5th Annual Report of the CFS states that 21 boys and one girl were sent out in the "Concord". The above list contains only 20 boys and one girl.
Main Reference The Children's Friend Society - Juvenile Emigrants to Western Australia, South Africa and Canada 1834 - 1842 by Geoff Blackburn. This book can be obtained from Access Press, P.O. Box 132, Northbridge, Western Australia.