Monday Recap for April 7, 2014
Take a break from your Monday grind with these fascinating articles from the past week!
Image: Who’s the man in the ‘mirror’? / CNN
The Genealogy Sphere
- Who’s the man in the ‘mirror’? Historians investigate mystery photo booth portraits (CNN) – Mystery photo booth photos puzzle historians
- Our time traveling doll (The Guardian) – A family tradition sees a doll passed down through seven generations of daughters
- Band of ten brothers: When the call came to serve King and Country, all the sones in one family went off to World War One (DailyMail UK) – The fascinating story of ten brothers who served in World War I and how they all came home
- The not-yet widow (The Legal Genealogist blog) – Judy G. Russell explains the the meaning behind the words “grass widow”
- Sealed for a century: ‘Time capsule’ from soldier who died on the Some contains possessions that his parents couldn’t bear to see (DailyMail UK) – The possessions of a fallen soldier opened for the first time
- Monday Recap for March 31, 2014 - Last week’s recap
- Using Historic Maps for Your Genealogy – Historic maps offer vital clues. Have you used historic maps in your genealogy research?