Monday Recap for June 23, 2014
Kickstart your week with this interesting articles from around the web!
Image: Lost First World War bracelet returned to Arthur Erickson’s family / CBC
The Genealogy Sphere
- 10 Dangerous Ways to Amuse Yourself from an 1820 Book (Mental Floss) – How times have changed! This 1820 book lists some crazy and very dangerous ways to amuse yourself in your spare time.
- Why Finnish babies sleep in cardboard boxes (BBC News) – For 75 years Finland’s expectant mothers have been given a box by the state. Today, Finland has one of the world’s lowest infant mortality rates.
- Looking for Naturalization Proof – Civil War Era? (a3Genealogy blog) – Good tips on how to find your ancestor’s naturalization records
- Lost First World War bracelet returned to Arthur Erickson’s family (CBC.ca) – A long lost identification bracelet of a Canadian soldier has finally been returned to the family
- Monday Recap for June 16, 2014 - Last week’s recap
- The Statue of Liberty Arrives in the U.S. – Have you every been to the Statue of Liberty? Last week was the 129th anniversary of the Statue of Liberty’s arrival to the United States