Monday Recap for March 4, 2013
What great finds have you been up to? In case you missed them, here are some interesting genealogy articles from the past week.
The Genealogy Sphere
- ‘Genealogy is Like Crack’ (The Voice online) – Henry Louis Gates discusses the addictive nature of genealogy
- Researching Family History: Going the extra mile led to man receiving treasure trove of family genealogy information (Deseret News) – If you ever find family history documents or photos in the trash, save them!
- Hey, Jon Stewart, Your Roots Are Showing (The Huffington Post) – Genealogist Megan Smolenyak Smolenyak researches Jon Stewart’s family tree
- Friday’s Faces From the Past: Bloomfield Brothers (Past-Present-Future blog) – Smadar Belkind Gerson shares photos and stories about the Bloomfield brothers
- An adoption in the 1800s (Nutfield Genealogy blog)- Have you encountered adoptions in the 1800s? Read how Heather Rojo unraveled her adoption mystery
- What Would You Do with a Genealogy Time Machine? (The Olive Tree Genealogy blog) – Great question to think about. If you could travel back in time, what family history event or ancestor would you visit?
- Monday Recap for February 25, 2013 – Last week’s recap
- Family Tree Tuesday – John Foster Dulles – Learn more about former U.S. Secretary of State John Foster Dulles’ family tree