Monday Recap for October 28, 2013
Have a great weekend? Check out some interesting articles you may have missed in the passed week!
The Genealogy Sphere
- Map: Six Decades of the Most Popular Names for Girls, State-by-State (Jezebel.com) – Fascinating maps of the most popular girl names. Do any of these pop up in your family tree?
- Eerie Cemeteries Left to Nature (PHOTOS) – Haunting images of nature reclaiming old cemeteries
- Blended families, blended names (CBC.ca) – Modern couples opting for hybrid last names over hyphenating or choosing on person’s. What could this mean for future genealogists?
- Eight Family Tree Tips to Take Away From “Genealogy Roadshow” (FamilyTree Magazine blog) – Family Tree Magazine offers some takeaways from your favorite genealogy television shows
- Kate and Wills to dress Prince George in replica of 1841 Royal gown (DailyMail UK) – Prince George was christened wearing an exact replica of one worn 172 years ago by Queen Victoria’s first born. Do you have similar family traditions?
- Weird Records from the Depths of the Archives (National Archives blog) – Creepy and weird records from the National Archives’ record collection